Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

Well, quite a backlog has accumulated . . . and then, I both prepared the alto flute edition, and composed stars & guitars, specifically for these players.

I think that this is likely the premiere of the fl/cl/pf version of Fragments, too;  but didn't want to belabor the point . . . .

secondwind

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 15, 2009, 06:07:28 PM
About one tough piece.
Ouch!  Looks like the worst possible combination of brutal finger exercises and impossible articulation etudes!  Sorry I won't be able to hear it this week.  Why don't you come to DC to play it next time?

karlhenning

All right!  Have a venue in mind?

secondwind

I was just thinking anything in driving distance for me!  I can check out some venues that sponsor concert series and send you contact info.  It probably will come down to how much money you are willing to lose to play here. . . There should be a composer exchange program to pick up expenses for you guys to take your show on the road! 

karlhenning

Quote from: secondwind on June 16, 2009, 08:22:19 AM
I was just thinking anything in driving distance for me!  I can check out some venues that sponsor concert series and send you contact info.  It probably will come down to how much money you are willing to lose to play here. . . .

Well, if the space is available gratis, we can take it from there.

karlhenning

Rehearsal tonight with Peter, Paul & Mary Jane.  I am pumped!

Cato

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 17, 2009, 03:41:08 AM
Rehearsal tonight with Peter, Paul & Mary Jane.  I am pumped!

I think I've heard of them!   8)   "Beatniks" of some sort? 
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

Quote from: Nick DangerFar out, Catherwood. Just roll a couple of bombers and leave them on the side-table.

karlhenning

Small fires to be put out:  harpist just rang to say, yes, she would like a harp part, please (wish I had known last night!)  Also, she cannot seem to locate the Lost Waters suite.

Happily, I can dash home at lunch and see to these matters, and be back in fair time for all the rest of the day.

karlhenning

Terrific rehearsal last night. Going back for more tonight.

Catison

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 18, 2009, 04:44:31 AM
Terrific rehearsal last night. Going back for more tonight.

I have a comment about your notation I would like to share with you.
-Brett

karlhenning

Quote from: C Forever on June 18, 2009, 09:44:34 AM
I have a comment about your notation I would like to share with you.

Please.

Catison

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 18, 2009, 09:56:05 AM
Please.

Needs more wind machine.

I've got a fever.  And the ONLY prescription.  IS MORE WIND MACHINE!
-Brett

karlhenning

Well, just lay off my harmonics notation, bud!

greg

I like the new name and avatar.

secondwind

Karl, you've. . .you've. . .changed?  Gee, you think you're getting to know someone, then suddenly. . .  ???

Scarpia

Quote from: secondwind on June 18, 2009, 02:04:10 PM
Karl, you've. . .you've. . .changed?  Gee, you think you're getting to know someone, then suddenly. . .  ???

Yes, he started getting the night-sweats after the idea occurred to him that some of us haven't noticed that he knows the Cyrillic alphabet.   ::)

-Скарпя

greg

He knows a bit more than just the alphabet, Скарпя.