Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

Now I feel I was almost there  :)

Cato

For some impressions of the other works on the program of the Ann Arbor concert, see:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,429.msg368810.html#msg368810
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

Paul wants a melismatic Amen. And why not?, says I.

karlhenning

Amen served right up . . . .

karlhenning

Parellel fifths between the S and T I in m. 25, which I think should be an easy fix.

Between mm. 52 & 53, some parallel fifths crept in at some point of revision;  which I am nearly inclined not to worry about with the five-part texture.  But I may just tweak the bass line.

karlhenning

Fixed the parallelisms, made 4-5 minor tweaks besides, ranging from one typographical fix, to a few elisions further smoothed out.

karlhenning

Paul Cienniwa plays a little Henningmusick at M.I.T.

secondwind

Nice picture, but awfully quiet. . . And btw I'm checking my mailbox daily for a certain cd. . .

karlhenning

Aiyee! CD production ground to a halt while (among other things) I gear up for the Atlanta trip.  Soon!

springrite

Southern Greeting (Chinese style)
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

secondwind

Quote from: ^ on November 13, 2009, 08:05:53 AM
Aiyee! CD production ground to a halt while (among other things) I gear up for the Atlanta trip.  Soon!
Have fun in Atlanta.  I'll be patient.  Good things are worth waiting for.

karlhenning

Thank you for your kind interest!

karlhenning

Cato

Quote from: ^ on November 10, 2009, 04:07:09 AM
Parellel fifths between the S and T I in m. 25, which I think should be an easy fix.

Between mm. 52 & 53, some parallel fifths crept in at some point of revision;  which I am nearly inclined not to worry about with the five-part texture.  But I may just tweak the bass line.

From the Braveheart Fair Play for Parallel Fifths Society: "Freeedommm!!!"    $:)

Messiaen and Scriabin did not discriminate against Parallel Fifths!   8)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

In principle, I was prepared to leave 'em be.  Only I found an easy way to fix them.

In other pieces, I exult in the parellelisms, of course . . . .

karlhenning

Rehearsing Heedless Watermelon with Nicole.

Nicole prepared fabulously well, and our initial rehearsal was already a matter of finishing.  And, we've got another rehearsal this afternoon.

karlhenning

(* kicks the tumbleweeds around a bit *)

secondwind