Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cato

Quote from: ^ on November 17, 2009, 07:42:58 AM
Remembering, a bit.

Best Wishes on the concert, and maybe the Rota Fortunae will turn in your favor!   8)

CD's?  CD's?  CD's?   :o
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

SonicMan46

Karl - good luck on the concert in Atlanta!  :D  Susan & I wish you the best - Dave  :)

karlhenning

karlhenning

Quote from: Cato on November 17, 2009, 11:25:06 AM
Best Wishes on the concert, and maybe the Rota Fortunae will turn in your favor!   8)

CD's?  CD's?  CD's?   :o

There's talk of having the concert available on Instant Encore.

Nor does it just seem Crazee Talk™

karlhenning

For those of you who have patiently waited for the capacity to download the program of Noise in the Library . . .

Now available.

I hope you may enjoy!

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 20, 2009, 06:21:54 AM
For those of you who have patiently waited for the capacity to download the program of Noise in the Library . . .

Now available.

I hope you may enjoy!

Downloading now. Thanks for making this available, Karl.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

karlhenning

My pleasure, Sarge!

Separately . . . per the choir's official site, the dates and locations for the spring performances of the Henning Opus 92 are:

Friday Night, March 19, 2010
Saint Mary's Church, 327 Second Street, Fall River, MA

Sunday Afternoon, March 21, 2010
Good Shepherd Parish, 1598 S Main Street, Fall River, MA

Bogey

Always hoping for another Colorado spill-over, Karl.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

karlhenning

Depending upon A Doughty Denver Flautist's availability, Bill . . . in principle, we could transport the Irreplaceable Doodles program which Nicole and I just played in Atlanta to a venue or two in your area.  This is a notion to pursue, methinks . . . .

Brahmsian

*Ahem*

I am curious and interested in the status of Opus 75?   8)

karlhenning

karlhenning

The choir at First Church Boston will sing the premiere of a five-part unaccompanied choral piece of mine at an ordination this afternoon.  As it is not part of the morning service, it will not be broadcast;  but it seems likely that they will sing the piece again at a morning service sometime.

And Sine Nomine begin rehearsing the Passion tomorrow evening.

MN Dave

karlhenning

All right, the headline is de trop . . . but here's the dish:

The text of the Passion I was given to set was that approved for use at the Cathedral &c., but of course it is not a PD text:

Scripture texts are from the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA. All rights reserved.

Not yet sure if getting permission for this text will be either easy or free;  so I am morally prepared to 'swap in' a PD text.

Who here might point me to a handsome PD English version of John 18:1 - 19:42 . . . ?

karlhenning

May make slight modifications to this 'un.

karlhenning

Merry Christmas!