Forum members who have actually met face-to-face

Started by Ugh!, September 26, 2008, 12:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugh!

Are there any forum members who have actually met face to face? ' Brought his family to Norway a while back, and we attended a concert, visited Troldhaugen (Grieg's place), trekked in the mountains and even found time for a small electro-acoustic study...

springrite

I have met a dozen or so fellow classical music lovers from various online forums. I believe only two of them belong to GMG -- Iago (aka The Word Maestro) and Squarez. I am sure I will meet a few more eventually.

Edit: Come to think of it, I have met many more GMG'ers over the years, but many of them are no longer active here. Older members will remember Barry from Phillie. Then there is Vera... etc.

Christo

Last year, we witnessed this Meeting of Giants (Clash of Civilizations?  8) ) taking place in Boston:
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Joe_Campbell

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Christo

Quote from: Jezetha on September 26, 2008, 03:22:55 AM
Michael Schaffer aka M forever

(And I know Christo...)

And as I happen to know Jezetha, the two of us obviously met, too !  ;)

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: Christo on September 26, 2008, 03:16:02 AM
Is KH Dr. Karl Henning?   ::)
Beats me :P I was actually just posting as an excuse to see if I got M Forever's name correct.

springrite

Quote from: Christo on September 26, 2008, 03:02:59 AM
Last year, we witnessed this Meeting of Giants (Clash of Civilizations?  8) ) taking place in Boston:

Clash of Giants? One of them looks like a Patriot to me.  ;)

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Christo on September 26, 2008, 03:24:31 AM
And as I happen to know Jezetha, the two of us obviously met, too !  ;)

Indeed.

And I just remembered - I know otterhouse since last week.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Dundonnell

lukeottevanger

I ought to have met Guido as he lives pretty close to me. But as yet I haven't had the privilege.

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Christo

Quote from: Florestan on September 26, 2008, 05:07:41 AM
I've met Wanderer in Athens this month.  8)

Great to hear! And we´re going to meet somewhere half=way the Carpathian mountains, remember?  :D

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Dundonnell on September 26, 2008, 04:04:28 AM
More shortly I hope :)

Indeed.

And Christo and I will be meeting Vandermolen in October, too (in Leiden probably).

Kullervo

I have probably met one of our Bostonians but didn't know it. Did anyone here frequent the Classical room at the Tower Records in Cambridge in the months before it shut down?

Florestan

Quote from: Christo on September 26, 2008, 05:09:49 AM
Great to hear! And we´re going to meet somewhere half=way the Carpathian mountains, remember?  :D

Of course. Can hardly wait. :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

karlhenning

Quote from: Corey on September 26, 2008, 05:15:05 AM
I have probably met one of our Bostonians but didn't know it. Did anyone here frequent the Classical room at the Tower Records in Cambridge in the months before it shut down?

Well, not really frequent;  in all the time I've been here, I probably went to that shop only five or six times.  Actually went there once with a chap I first met (again) via the NYTimes CMF, from out of town, and he did a passel of serious shopping.

Florestan

Quote from: karlhenning on September 26, 2008, 05:27:07 AM
Burchest (now deceased, bless his soul)

Sorry to hear that. I remember him from the old GMG. May God have mercy upon his soul.

karlhenning

Quote from: Florestan on September 26, 2008, 05:30:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. I remember him from the old GMG. May God have mercy upon his soul.

He was a big-hearted and welcoming fellow.