What Opera

Started by Brünnhilde forever, October 06, 2008, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

bhodges

Quote from: Wanderer on October 06, 2008, 11:43:49 PM
It's obviously Eugene Onegin.

Wow, you're good!  (Coincidentally, I happened to stumble across this review on MusicWeb.)

--Bruce

Brünnhilde forever

You are hot today, Bruce! Yes, it's Katharina's Meistersinger. In my opinion a perfect example of her stupidity. She is not even funny, she is plain dumb.

On the left is the wedding picture of David, 'Lene, and their two children. On the right the wedding picuture of Walther and Eva with their three children. Of course in the center it has to be Hans!  ::)

Brünnhilde forever

The reviewer on MusicWeb mentions the nadir of his musical life, the production of Katharina's Meistersinger. He is talking about the original version; thanks to Odin, he prevented including the scene with Beckmesser walking off stage displaying a giant penis in the Bayreuth Festival performance.

bhodges

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on October 07, 2008, 08:36:48 AM
The reviewer on MusicWeb mentions the nadir of his musical life, the production of Katharina's Meistersinger. He is talking about the original version; thanks to Odin, he prevented including the scene with Beckmesser walking off stage displaying a giant penis in the Bayreuth Festival performance.

:o

Actually I do recall all the outraged comments about that production...

--Bruce

knight66

Quote from: Catison on October 07, 2008, 06:33:04 AM
Hi!! Welcome to the ill-fated love department.

Ought that not to be, ill-fitting glove department.

Mike

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

knight66

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on October 07, 2008, 08:36:48 AM

Whereas of course, Wagner was dead already and not available for being thus displayed.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.