Inexpensive Furtwangler Ring Cycle

Started by Wilhelm Richard, October 06, 2008, 07:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilhelm Richard

You may have seen my question about Futwangler's two Ring recordings on the Opera board...In doing research on the two recordings I have come across several cases where owners of one or both of the recordings have found the sound quality so offensive they have given away or sold their
sets ------ anyone here looking to do that at this time?  :)

W.R.

marvinbrown

Quote from: Wilhelm Richard on October 06, 2008, 07:56:42 PM
You may have seen my question about Futwangler's two Ring recordings on the Opera board...In doing research on the two recordings I have come across several cases where owners of one or both of the recordings have found the sound quality so offensive they have given away or sold their

W.R.

Had you posted this 2 years ago I would have gladly given you mine (RAI Ring) and paid for the postage myself  :D!

Best of luck with your search  :).

marvin

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: Wilhelm Richard on October 06, 2008, 07:56:42 PM

W.R.
You can get some version of the La Scala cheap here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000FQ71HO/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Not sure what remastering but do you care? You dress up a frog and it is still a frog right?