Looking for that OOP classic? Try here!

Started by adamdavid80, October 14, 2008, 06:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drasko

Haven't noticed it first time around but Leningrad Masters Berlioz disc is also available used from amazon and it's twice cheaper than Icone.

http://www.amazon.com/Berlioz-Symphonie-fantastique/dp/B000002XF3

M forever

But you can have them for $2.99 or $3.99 from BRO.

Lilas Pastia

I think I'll order just the Icone one. From this Amazon link it would appear that LM lists the first movement "Visions and Passions" ::), which is of course wrong and is not even consistent with the french titles retained for the other four movements. 

anasazi

I was just pointed in their (Arkives) direction and had a very pleasant expierence.  Dylana Jensen's classic recording of the Sibelius VC with Ormandy etc.  Complete liner notes.  Just like the original BMG release.

BTW, on demand  simply means they (Arkive) don't make the CDs until somebody (like you) orders it. I found the turnaround time faster than ordering an item from Amazon.  So anyone considering purchasing a CD from Arkive, I would advise to go for it.  These folks are keeping some very valuable and classic CDs available to us. 

I'm sure their catalog of available items from RCA, Columbia, EMI and others will just continue to grow if only we support them.  They are a very recommened dealer in my view.