Author Topic: Zdenek Fibich - A Lesser-Known But Worthy Czech Composer  (Read 12879 times)

Online Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
Re: Zdenek Fibich - A Lesser-Known But Worthy Czech Composer
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2021, 08:39:13 AM »
Hi PD - thanks, but already gave Google Images a try w/ a cropped image - came up w/ just one hit, i.e. the cover art from the CD - need someone w/ the booklet I guess who could find the answer?  As to only 10 CDs, Fibich was a good composer and one can only wonder what more of interest he might have composed if he had lived another 10-20 years or so?  Dave :)
I was just teasing you as you guys seem to have a gazillion CDs with always more on the way!   ;)  And, yes, I do like what I've heard of his music.  :)  Would like to get more of it but am minding my budget.

PD

Online SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »
I was just teasing you as you guys seem to have a gazillion CDs with always more on the way!   ;)  And, yes, I do like what I've heard of his music.  :)  Would like to get more of it but am minding my budget.

PD

+1 PD - well, not a lot more on Fibich looking over Amazon - Spotify seems more rewarding, especially w/ his piano music - may start on that playlist this afternoon?  Dave :)

Offline Roasted Swan

• Veteran member
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2021, 03:02:15 AM »
For those interested, this disc

is this month's FREE download (FLAC or 320 mp3) from Naxos.com.  Worth signing up to their free monthly newsletters just to get these downloads.  Not heard it yet but glad to add it to my library FOC......