Re-post Complete Beethoven sets. Poll

Started by Harry, October 16, 2008, 06:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which complete cycle of The Beethoven Symphonies do you consider the best?

Gardiner
Zinman
Hogwood
Immerseel
Vanska
Blomstedt
Karajan (All sets)
Pletnev
Toscanini (All sets)
Abbado
Walter
Mengelberg
Kegel
Haitink
Rattle
Goodman
Skrowaczewski
Sawalish
Norrington
Any one I forgot, please state which one!
Bernstein
Wand
Bohm
Furtwangler
Szell
Cluytens
Kubelik
Jochum
Isserstedt
Kempe
Harnoncourt
Klemperer
Monteux
Mackerras
Kletzki

Harry

Quote from: Ric on October 18, 2008, 03:17:29 AM
How many times can I vote in this poll? I mean if I can do a second option or a third option.

Yes you can!

Ric

Then my second option is Karajan (62), and my third option is Blomstedt (Staatskapelle Dresden).

Xenophanes

The ones I like most are Karajan 1962 and Leibowitz RPO on Chesky.

Lilas Pastia

Quote from: Drasko on October 18, 2008, 03:12:11 AM
Just to add second vote for Monteux.

I only know his Concertgebouw 3rd (great) and LSO 9th (slightly tepid and diffuse).

Holden

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on October 18, 2008, 03:35:56 PM
I only know his Concertgebouw 3rd (great) and LSO 9th (slightly tepid and diffuse).

There are other 9ths by Monteux than with the LSO. (one with the FNO comes to mind). It's what he does with the whole cycle that makes him worth mentioning. The top of the tree is his 7th which, IMO, is peerless! Yes, even better the the much touted Kleiber. If you compare his cycle with the likes of Walter, Cluytens, Szell etc there is a consistency about it that draws you naturally to the music. Half the cycle is with the VPO and the the other with the LSO.

BTW, I notice that Reiner is also missing from the list.
Cheers

Holden

jwinter

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on October 16, 2008, 07:50:14 AM
Another trailblazing effort was Scherchen's, but this has been done in the early days of the stereo era and with different orchestras. therefore it lacks consistency from a technical POV. BTW I only have 1-8. Is there a ninth somewhere ?

Yes, there is a 9th.  Here's a link to the MusicWeb review of the complete set on Archipel.  I picked it up from BRO a couple of years ago, excellent with fine sound for it's age, I thought...

http://www.musicweb-international.com/classRev/2004/July04/Beethoven_scherchen.htm
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

jwinter

Quote from: Holden on October 18, 2008, 07:04:51 PM

BTW, I notice that Reiner is also missing from the list.

Did Reiner record a complete set?  I didn't know that.

Getting this down to five is impossible, so I picked the 5 on the list that I've listened to most frequently over the past couple of years, and that are consistently strong across the cycle:  Szell, Bohm, Kempe, Hogwood (if HIP is your thing), and Furtwangler (cherry-picking which WF recordings to include in a "set" is another thread).  Of others previously mentioned, I also hugely enjoy Kletzki, Toscanini's Music & Arts 1936 set, and Scherchen (I would have voted for Scherchen if it had been listed).  I'd also recommend Abbado's DVD set for a modern take on video -- worlds better than Zinman IMO. 

There are also many sets that have great individual recordings, but that don't maintain that level across the whole cycle.  Klemperer's stereo Eroica, and Karajan's 70s 5th, leap immediately to mind, by far my favorite recordings of both symphonies.
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Lilas Pastia

Thanks for the info and link. I'll try to get the seventh and ninth in isolation if I can find them. I have collected 1-6 + 8 through downloads or actual discs of the Westminster cycle.

rondos

Quote from: Brian on October 16, 2008, 08:35:42 PM
Any fans of Kletzki around?

To me the Kletzki cycle is by far the best.  Actually it was a nice surprise to me.

Holden

Quote from: jwinter on October 20, 2008, 07:30:46 AM
Did Reiner record a complete set?  I didn't know that.

yes, he did and all are readily available via Amazon with the exception of #4 which is seriously oop. I can't find a copy anywhere on the internet
Cheers

Holden

Kuhlau

I made some highly personal (and possibly, mildly controversial) choices in this poll: Gardiner, Blomstedt, Abbado, Haitink and Rattle. Whether I can say with my hand on my heart that I consider these cycles to be the 'best' is questionable; many of the other sets listed are excellent, and there are many more that I haven't heard.

My decision was driven by the way I reacted to the cycles by the five conductors I chose. Gardiner's set shocked me out of my mistaken belief that Beethoven's symphonies played quicker and with verve would just sound rushed. Blomstedt's impressed me simply because it sounded so 'right' in so many of the interpretations - by which I mean, the way I'd always imagined these works should go. Both Abbado's 80s cycle and his award-winning later traversal have helped me appreciate Beethoven's music from two very different angles; and Haitink's LSO Live cycle is among the freshest I've heard in recent years ... even if his Second and Sixth symphonies left me cold. And as for Rattle, I find his outing so strikingly different and thought-provoking that I can enjoy it irrespective of whatever liberties he takes with the music from time to time.

There are other sets I'd praise, of course (Karajan in the 70s, anyone?). And I'd like to recommend the inclusion of Kurt Sanderling's cycle with the Philharmonia - a seemingly neglected set these days, though I've no idea why.

FK

Garibaldi

Another Kletzki fan, here.

There really is some wonderful music-making in this set. Nevermind the superb 'Eroica', 9 & 7, I'm pleased to have it just for the Scherzo to 2!  :)

M forever

Hmmm...I already have way too much Ludwig van symphonies, but the constant mentioning of the Kletzki recordings on this and other forums (or fora, if you want) plus the fact that I have always enjoyed the characteristic and characterful orchestral style of the CP do make me very curious. So I ordered the set with 4-6 from amazon.

adamdavid80

Quote from: M forever on October 27, 2008, 01:27:44 PM
Hmmm...I already have way too much Ludwig van symphonies, but the constant mentioning of the Kletzki recordings on this and other forums (or fora, if you want) plus the fact that I have always enjoyed the characteristic and characterful orchestral style of the CP do make me very curious. So I ordered the set with 4-6 from amazon.

M, what are your thoughts about Fritz Reiner's LvB symphonies?  I have the 5&7 disc, and think it's awesome, but am wondering re: the disc that has 1 & 6, and the the choral disc...
Hardly any of us expects life to be completely fair; but for Eric, it's personal.

- Karl Henning

M forever

I don't know Reiner's Beethoven recordings. He is not generally a conductor whose work I find interesting. Most of the recordings I have heard were stiff and unmusical, the result of a very competent time beater terrorizing the musicians into making as few mistakes as possible, but killing off actual music making at the same time. His completely overrated Strauss recordings are hideously stiff and unidiomatic. He just didn't have the ability to inspire musicians, just frighten or fire them. I like his recording of Rachmaninoff's "Isle of the Dead" though. I guess he was the right man to bring the desolate and morbid athmosphere of the piece across.

adamdavid80

Quote from: M forever on October 27, 2008, 08:37:26 PM
I don't know Reiner's Beethoven recordings. He is not generally a conductor whose work I find interesting. Most of the recordings I have heard were stiff and unmusical, the result of a very competent time beater terrorizing the musicians into making as few mistakes as possible, but killing off actual music making at the same time. His completely overrated Strauss recordings are hideously stiff and unidiomatic. He just didn't have the ability to inspire musicians, just frighten or fire them. I like his recording of Rachmaninoff's "Isle of the Dead" though. I guess he was the right man to bring the desolate and morbid athmosphere of the piece across.

Sooooo...two thumbs enthusiastically up?
Hardly any of us expects life to be completely fair; but for Eric, it's personal.

- Karl Henning

imperfection

Quote from: M forever on October 27, 2008, 08:37:26 PM

Do you think the same of Toscanini? I find your writing about various conductors' styles interesting to read.

jlaurson

There are north of 170 complete Beethoven cycles... so yes, a few are missing. :-)

The one I voted for (half-heartedly) that was missing is Franz Konwitschny's.

Quiz: Who conducted the most commercially released complete LvB cycles?

Question:

Beethoven Question regarding Scherchen:

I have conflicting information on Scherchen's Beethoven. The Westminster Set contains the complete performances split between only the Vienna State Opera Orchestra (WStOpO) and the would-be LPO? (And which ones by which orchestra?)

But the Tahra differs in adding the VSO 3 and switching RPO for LPO? Or what's the deal? Soloists in the 9th are the same. Or is it simply a misprint on the LP?

And the Archipel set claims what?

Thanks much & best.

Hermann   Scherchen   WStOpO (1,6,7,9), VSO (3), RPO (2,4,5,8)   Magda Laszlo, Hilde Roessel-Majdan, Petre Munteanu, Richard Standen,  Wiener Singakademie   Westminster   Archipel      1951   1954
Hermann   Scherchen   LPO, WStOpO            SAME but gives fewer orchestras and different ones      

P.S.

Can you identify your Lvb Sets by the soloists in the 9th?  (Perhaps too easy, with the choruses given)

Karita Mattila, Violeta Urmana, Thomas Moser, Thomas Quasthoff, Eric Ericson CCh
Karita Mattila, Violeta Urmana, Thomas Moser, Eike Wilm Schulte, Eric Ericson CCh
Joan Sutherland, Norma Procter, Anton Dermota, Arnold van Mill, Choeur de Jeunes de l'Eglise National Vaudoise, Chorale du Brassus
Hirata Kyoko, Ihara Naoko, Hayashi Makoto, Shuichi Takahashi, CHORUS
Tsunemori Hisako, Tanaka Mamiko, Hayashi Makoto, Toshimitsu Kimura, Osaka Philharmonic Choir
Okura Yukie, Fujikawa Kayoko, Hayashi Makoto, Toshimitsu Kimura, Osaka Philharmonic Choir
Kiyomi Toyoda, Kyoko Akiba, Makoto Hayashi, Keizo Takahashi, Shin Yukai Choir
Junko Ioka, Ihara Naoko, Tetsuya Ohno, Michio Tatara, Osaka Philharmonic Chorus
Emiko Suga, Ihara Naoko, Kei Fukui, Tatara ?, Osaka Philharmonic Chorus
Marki Mori, Charlotte Herukanto, Mika Phoyonen, Sergei Leiferkus, Nikikai Choir
Nancy Gustafson, Marianna Kulinova, Sergej Larin, Maurizio Muraro, Slovak Philharmonic Chorus
Soile Isokoski, Rosemarie Lang, Robert Gambill, René Pape, German State Opera Chorus Berlin
Anja Harteros, Waltraud Meier, Peter Seiffert, René Pape, Vokalensemble Kölner Dom
Martina Arroyo, Regina Sarfaty, Nicholas Di Virgilio, Norman Scott, The Juilliard Chorus
Gwyneth Jones, Hanna Schwarz, René Kollo, Kurt Moll, Wiener Staatsopernchor
Helena Doese, Marga Schiml, Peter Schreier, Theo Adam, Rundfunkchor Leipzig, Chor der Staatsoper Dresden
Gwyneth Jones, Tatiana Troyanos, Jess Thomas, Karl Ridderbusch, Wiener Staatsopernchor
Rebecca Von Lipinski, Anna Grevelius, Peter Wedd, Roderick Williams, CBSO Chorus
Lynne Dawson, Jard van Nes, Anthony Rolfe Johnson, Eike Wilm Schulte, Gulbenkian Choir
Katerina Beranova, Lilli Paasikivi, Robert Dean Smith, Hanno Müller-Brachmann, Gewandhaus Choir, MDR Chorus
Mari Midorikawa, Naoko Sakaguchi, Hiroyuki Yoshida, Albert Dohmen, Tokyo Opera Singers
Gre Brouwenstijn, Kerstin Meyer, Nicolai Gedda, Frederick Guthrie, St.Hedwig Chorus
Presa de Inger-Jensen, Lilli Paasikivi, Lars Cleveman, Fredriksson Karl-Magnus, Örebro Choir
Sharon Sweet, Jadwiga Rappe, Paul Frey, Franz Grundheber, Dresden State Opera Chorus
Carol Vaness, Janice Taylor, Siegfried Jerusalem, Robert Lloyd, Cleveland Orchestra Chorus
Carole Farley, Alfreda Hodgdson, Stuart Burrows, Norman Bailey, Brighton Festival Chorus
Sarah Beatty, Claudine Carlson, George Shirley, Ezio Flagello, Wayne State University Chorus
Hasmik Papian, Ruxandra Donose, Manfred Fink, Claudio Otelli, Nicolaus Esterházy Chorus
Oksana Lesnichaya, Irina Romishevskaya, Algis Janutas, Alfred Muff, Moscow Chamber Choir; Vesna Boys Choir
Éva Sandor, Márta Szirmay, György Korondy, Sandor Sólyom-Nagy, Budapest  Chorus
Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Elisabeth Höngen, Hans Hopf, Otto Edelmann, Chor der Bayreuther Festspiele
Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Cavelti, Ernst Haefliger, Otto Edelmann, Festwochenchor Luzern
Luba Orgonasova, Anne Sofie von Otter, Anthony Rolfe Johnson, Gilles Cachemaille, The Monteverdi Choir
Claudia Barainsky, Christa Mayer, Thomas Michael Allen, Konrad Jarnot, Chor der Ludwigsburger Schlossfestspiele
Emilia Petrescu-Cironeanu, Martha Kessler, Ion Piso, Marius Rintzler, Philharmonic Chorus, Radio-Television Chorus
Orsanic Vlatka, Hana Minutillo, Glenn Winslade, Alan Tito , Berlin Radio Chorus
Renate Behle, Yvonne Naef, Glenn Winslade, Hanno Müller-Brachmann, Radio Chorus Berlin
Shelia Armstrong, Anna Reynolds, Robert Tear, John Shirley-Quirk, LS Chorus
Eiddwen Harrhy, Jean Bailey, Andrew Murgatroyd, Michael George, Oslo Cathedral Choir
Twyla Robinson, Karen Cargill, John Mac Master, Gerald Finley, London Symphony Chorus
Charlotte Margiono, Birgit Remmert, Rudolf Schasching, Robert Holl, Arnold Schoenberg Choir
Christiane Oelze, Ingeborg Danz, Christoph Strehl, David Wilson-Johnson, Collegium Vocale Gent & Accademia Chigiana Siena
Heather Harper, Alfreda Hodgson, Robert Tear, Gwynne Howell, Sinfonia Chorus, London Symphony Chorus Members
Arleen Auger, Catherine Robbin, Anthony Rolfe-Johnson, Gregory Reinhart, London Symphony Chorus
Sabine Ritter Bush, Barbara Hertel, Vicente Onbuena, David Pittman Jennings, Stuttgart Oratorio??? Choir
Matsuda Masae, Nishi Akemi, Narita Katsumi, Toshimitsu Kimura, Meikyo Chorus
Noriko Sasaki, Yumi Koyama, Kei Fukui, Teruhiko Komori, TCPO Chorus
Anna-Kristiina Kaappola, Marianne Beate Kielland, Markus Schäfer, Thomas Bauer, CHORU
Yukie Okura, Misato Iwamori, Eiji Date, Futoru Katsube, Tokyo Philharmonic Choir
Kamahora Yuko?, Kaori Kuroki?, Kazuo Kobayashi?, Fukushima Akiya?, CHORUS
Christiane Karg, Mihoko Fujimura, Michael Schade, Michael Volle, BR Chorus
Christiane Karg, Mihoko Fujimura, Michael Schade, Michael Volle, BR Chorus
Christiane Oelze, Petra Lang, Klaus Florian Vogt, Matthias Goerne, Deutsche Kammerchor
Christiane Oelze, Annely Peebo, Simon O'Neill, Dietrich Henschel, Deutscher Kammerchor
Helene Fahrni, Gusta Hammer, Walter Ludwig, Rudolf Watzke, Philharmonischer Staatschor Hamburg
Clara Ebers, Gertrude Pitzinger, Walther Ludwig, Ferdinand Frantz, BR Chorus
Liselotte Rebmann, Anna Reynolds, Anton de Ridder, Gerd Feldhoff, Netherland Radio Chorus
Kiri Te Kanawa, Julia Hamari, Stuart Burrows, Robert Holl, London Symphony Chorus
Nachkhatashvili Naira, Natalia Volchenko, Ts'eriashvili Tamaz, Assatiani Giya, SIMI Studio Choir
Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Marga Höffgen, Ernst Haefliger, Otto Edelmann, Chor d.G.d.Musikfreunde
Gundula Janowitz, Hilde Rössel Majdan, Waldemar Kmentt, Walter Berry, Wiener Singverein
Gundula Janowitz, Christa Ludwig, Jess Thomas, Walter Berry, Chor der Deutschen Oper Berlin
Anna Tomowa-Sintow, Agnes Baltsa, Peter Schreier, José van Dam, Wiener Singverein
Janet Perry, Agnes Baltsa, Vinson Cole, José van Dam, Wiener Singverein
Lella Cuberli, Helga Müller-Molinari, Vinson Cole, Franz Grundheber, Wiener Singverein
Alison Hargan, Ute Walther, Eberhard Büchner, Kolos Kováts, Leipzig Radio Chorus, Berlin Radio Chorus
Ursula Koszut, Brigitte Fassbaender, Nicolai Gedda, Donald McIntyre, Philharmonischer Chor München
Maki Mori, Oshimi Tomoko, Yoshida Hiroyuki, Kuroda Hiroshi, Osaka Philharmonic Choir
Aase Nordmo Løvberg, Christa Ludwig, Waldemar Kmentt, Hans Hotter, Philharmonia Chorus
Wilma Lipp, Ursula Boese, Fritz Wunderlich, Franz Crass, Wiener Singverein
Ingeborg Wenglor, Annelis Burmeister, Martin Ritzmann, Rolf Kühne, Czech Philharmonic Chorus
Simona Houda Šaturová, Jana Levicová, Richard Samek, Matěj Chadima, Prague Philharmonic Choir
Ingeborg Wenglor, Ursula Zollenkopf, Hans-Joachim Rotzsch, Theo Adam
Izabella Klosinska, Krystyna Szostek-Radkowa, Knetig, Piotr Nowacki, Ntl. Choir of Poland
Jennifer Vyvyan, Shirley Carter, Rudolf Petrak, Donald Bell, BBC Chorus
Sinéad Mulhern, Carolin Masur, Dominik Wortig, Konstantin Wolff, Chamber Chorus Les éléments
Helen Donath, Teresa Berganza, Wieslaw Ochman, Thomas Stewart, BR Chorus
Susanne Geb, Hermine Haselböck, Richard Decker, Konrad Jarnot, Haydn Choir
Inge Borkh, Ruth Siewart, Richard Lewis, Ludwig Weber, Beecham Choral Society
Jane Marsh, Josephine Veasey, Plácido Domingo, Sherrill Milnes, Chorus Pro Music, New England Conservatory Chorus
Lucia Popp, Elena Obraztsova, Jon Vickers, Martti Talvela, Cleveland Orchestra Chorus
Ľuba Orgonášová, Linda Finnie, Marc Clear, Jan-Hendrik Rootering, BR Chorus
Joan Rodgers, Della Jones, Peter Bronder, Bryn Terfel, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Choir
Janice Watson, Catherine Wyn-Rogers, Stuart Skelton, Detlef Roth, Festival Chorus
Amanda Halgrimson, Ruthild Engert, Zeger Vandersteene, Friedman Kunder, Athestis Chorus
Karita Mattila, Anne Sofie von Otter, Francisco Araiza, Samuel Ramey, CHORUS
Anna Tomowa-Sintow, Annelies Burmeister, Peter Schreier, Theo Adam, Radio Chorus Leipzig
Sylvia McNair, Jard van Nes, Uwe Heilmann, Bernd Weikl, Rundfunkchor Leipzig, Gewandhaus Kinderchor
Van der Sluys, Luger, van Tulder, Ravelli, Amsterdam Toonkunst Choir, Royal Oratorio Society
Jean Glennon, Dalia Schaechter, Algirdas Janutas, Benno Schollum, CHORUS
Elisabeth Söderström, Regina Resnik, Jon Vickers, David Ward, London Bach Choir
Alison Hargan, Della Jones, David Rendell, Gwynne Howell, London Symphony Chorus
Leontyne Price, Maureen Forrester, David Poleri, Giorgio Tozzi, New England Conservatory Chorus,
Cheryl Studer, Delores Ziegler, Peter Seiffert, James Morris, The Westminster Choir
Guylaine Girard, Marijana Mijanovic, Donald Litaker, Hao Jiang Tian,  Chœur d'Oratorio de Paris
Yvonne Kenny, Sarah Walker, Patrick Power, Petteri Salomaa, Schütz Choir of London
Camilla Nylund, Iris Vermillion, Jonas Kaufmann, Franz-Josef Seelig, Gächinger Kantorei, Stuttgarter Kantorei
Hillevi Martinpelto, Cargill Karen, Paul Nilon, Alastair Miles, CoBS Chorus
Okura Yukie, Tomoko Kuribayashi, Fujikawa Yasushi-Akira, Toshimitsu Kimura, CHORUS
Lucine Amara, Lili Chooskaskian, John Alexander, John Macurdy, Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Anne Schwanewilms, Barbara Dever, Paul Groves, Franz Hawlata, Tokio Opera Singers
Angela Denoke, Mariana Tasarova, Endrik Wottrich, Matthias Goerne, Moscow State Chamber Choir
Szilvia Gémes, Lucia Megyesi Schwartz, Jószef Petö, László Szétek, Hungariand Radio Chorus
Sharon Prero, Elizabeth Campbell, Keith Lewis, Bruce Martin, Opera Australia Chorus
Barbara Bonney, Birgit Remmert, Kurt Streit, Thomas Hampson
Phyllis Curtin, Florence Kopleff, John McCollum, Donald Gramm, CHORUS
Sheila Armstrong, Linda Finnie, Robert Tear, John Tomlinson, Philharmonia Chorus
Margaret Price, Mariana Lipovsek, Peter Seiffert, Jan-Hendric Rootering, CHORUS
Magda László, Hilde Roessel-Majdan, Petre Munteanu, Richard Standen,  Wiener Singakademie
Wilma Lipp, Marga Höffgen, Murraz Dickie, Gottlob Frick, Chorale Elisabeth Brasseur
Joan Sutherland, Marilyn Horne, James King, Matti Talvela
Annette Dasch, Daniela Sindram, Christian Elsner, Georg Zeppenfeld, BR Chorus
Pilar Lorengar, Yvonne Minton, Stuart Burrows, Martti Talvela, CS Chorus
Jessye Norman, Robert Schunk, Reinhild Runkel, Hans Sotin, CS Chorus
Ella Lee, Joanna Simon, Richard Kness, Thomas Paul, Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh
Magdaléna Hajóssyová, Uta Priew, Eberhard Büchner, Manfred Schenk, Otmar Suitner, Rundfunkchor Berlin
Sasaki Noriko, Nagai Kazuko, Fukui Kei-Chokono?, Takeshi Takaseki???, CHORUS
Adele Addison, Jane Hobson, Richard Lewis, Donald Bell, Cleveland Orchestra Chorus
Ilona Tokody, Bernadette Wiedemann, András Molnár, István Berczelly, Hungarian Radion & Television Chorus
Minnesota: Esther Hinds, Janis Hardy, Dennis Bailey, Samuel Ramey, CHORUS
Annette Dasch, Mihoko Fujimura, Piotr Beczala, Georg Zeppenfeld, Wiener Singverein
Suzanne Murphy, Carolyn Watkinson, Denis O'Neill, Gwynne Howell, Tallis Chamber Choir
Erin Wall, Kendall Gladen, William Burden, Nathan Berg, San Francisco Symphony Chorus
Jarmila Novotna, Kerstin Thorborg, Jan Peerce, Nicola Moscona, Westminster Choir
Eileen Farrell, Nan Merriman, Jan Peerce, Norman Scott, Robert Shaw Chorale
Marie-Josée Lord, Geneviève Couillard, Guy Bélanger, Étienne Dupuis, Choeur de la Francophonie
Helena Juntunen, Katrina Karneus, Daniel Norman, Neal Davies, CHORUS
Gillian Webster, Catherine Wyn-Rogers, Martin Hill, Robert Hayward, The Ambrosian Singers
Gabriele Lechner, Michael Pabst, Diane Elias, Robert Holzer, CHORUS
Gábor Csalog, Adrienn Krausz, Gyula Kiss, Csaba Király
Naira Nachkhatashvili, Natalia Nachkhatashvili, Tamaz Tseriashvili, Giya Assatiani, SIMI Studio Chor
Irma Gonzalez, Elena Nikolaidi, Roul Jobin,  Mack Harrell, Westminster Choir
Annemarie Kremer, Wilke te Brummelstroete, Marcel Reijans, Geert Smits, Consensus Vocalis
E. Cundari, N. Rankin, A. da Costa, W. Wilderman, CHORUS
Edith Wiens, Hildegard Hartwig, Keith Lewis, Roland Hermann, Hamburg State Oper Chorus, NDR Chorus
Luise Helletsgruber, Rosette Anday, Georg Maikl, Richard Mayr , Vienna State Opera Chorus
Josephine Barstow, Linda Finnie, David Rendall, John Tomlinson, CoBSO Chorus
Melanie Diener, Nathalie Stutzmann, Jorma Silvasti, Dietrich Henschel, BR & NDR Chorus
Ruth Ziesak, Birgit Remmert, Steve Davislim, Detlef Roth, Schweizer Kammerchor
Charlotte Hellekant, Camilla Tilling, Julian Gavin, Nathan Berg, Chor d. Städtischen Musikvereins zu Düsseldorf

Pat B

Quote from: jlaurson on March 10, 2015, 10:59:42 AM
Quiz: Who conducted the most commercially released complete LvB cycles?

Well, Karajan did 4, but I can't imagine you would ask if it was that easy.