some pics AND A LIVE RECORDING from my gig

Started by маразм1, October 16, 2008, 11:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

маразм1

So me, and 4 other bands went on tour that ended last Sunday.  We went to Southern states.

I really enjoyed, I mean really really enjoyed the Waffle house!  I greatly miss it.  It was a fun adventure, it was pretty interesting to play in a different city everyday.  My coworker came out to one of the gigs in North Carolina, and my friends came out to see us in DC.

I loved South Carolina --for the waffle house, North Carolina's Chapel Hill looked like a fun college town, Pittsburgh was great, and Nashville probably is my favorite.  And here're some pics from that gig:

If anybody is interested, please check out the live recording of "piece of" on my myspace:
www.myspace.com/theElevators

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

toledobass

Next time you're eat at Waffle House try the cheese steak omlette.  Clear the rest of your day because you'll need a huge nap afterwards.

Allan

маразм1

If anybody is interested, please check out the live recording of "piece of" on my myspace:
www.myspace.com/theElevators

ezodisy

маразм1

Quote from: ezodisy on October 17, 2008, 01:58:07 AM
After that first taste of a Big Mac Russian girls just aren't the same :(
what does that mean?  stop speaking in riddles 

ezodisy

I was just saying that some Russian / E. European girls I've known tend to become a bit careless about lifestyle choices after moving west. I guess those are not Russian singers, eh?

Btw. I was under the impression as if Rock music/Heavy metal is seen as something like a new invention and/or a means for articulating rebellion - in former Soviet union states, also eastern Europe. Am I wrong? Am I right?

маразм1

Quote from: ezodisy on October 17, 2008, 06:01:04 AM
I was just saying that some Russian / E. European girls I've known tend to become a bit careless about lifestyle choices after moving west. I guess those are not Russian singers, eh?

I was the only Russian on tour.  I live in USA btw. 

маразм1

Quote from: Wurstwasser on October 17, 2008, 06:12:20 AM
Btw. I was under the impression as if Rock music/Heavy metal is seen as something like a new invention and/or a means for articulating rebellion - in former Soviet union states, also eastern Europe. Am I wrong? Am I right?
You sound like Haller from a certain book....when he talks about Jazz vs. Mozart.

ezodisy

Quote from: маразм1 on October 17, 2008, 09:14:13 AM
I was the only Russian on tour.  I live in USA btw. 

You would have pulled a bigger crowd with some short-skirt Russians up front (not that you don't know that).

Quote from: Wurstwasser on October 17, 2008, 06:12:20 AM

I've heard some of the mainstream Russian rock recordings and they sound absolutely dire. You are warned.

Sarastro

Quote from: ezodisy on October 17, 2008, 06:01:04 AM
I was just saying that some Russian / E. European girls I've known tend to become a bit careless about lifestyle choices after moving west.

Have you ever been to Russia? Do you know what they had been like in Russia? Those who "tend become a bit careless about lifestyle choices after moving west" were probably the same before moving, and after gained just a bit more freedom.

I sincerely believe not all Russian girls abroad are like that, although I myself have met here just the very kind you described. :(
Not even young girls... Recently I met a Russian girl in our college who refused to speak Russian (and she came here 4 years ago, I bet she speaks Russian perfectly!), although I addressed to her in Russian several times; she is also a teaching assistant and leaves rude comments to students. And also recently I visited a doctor who had an old Russian woman as a clerk, and although I spoke up in Russian, she responded in English. My friend in Vienna tells the same about the Russians she's met there - they reply in fragmented German that she should speak to them in German. The disgusting Soviet habits are still alive.

Quote from: ezodisy on October 17, 2008, 06:01:04 AMI was just saying that some Russian / E. European girls I've known tend to become a bit careless about lifestyle choices after moving west.
I still don't get what this is about, please explain...   ???

drogulus

Quote from: Wurstwasser on October 16, 2008, 11:40:11 AM
Is rock music fun?

What is the theory of this music, please?

Is it for the edification of highly sensitive types who are not willing to be pawns of mass culture entertainment?

I'm suspicious of this word fun, which sounds like lobotomy by other means.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

ezodisy

Quote from: Sarastro on October 17, 2008, 06:58:30 PM
Have you ever been to Russia?

No  :'(

QuoteDo you know what they had been like in Russia?

Nope  :'(

QuoteThose who "tend become a bit careless about lifestyle choices after moving west" were probably the same before moving, and after gained just a bit more freedom.

Yes that is what I think too.

QuoteRecently I met a Russian girl in our college who refused to speak Russian (and she came here 4 years ago, I bet she speaks Russian perfectly!), although I addressed to her in Russian several times; she is also a teaching assistant and leaves rude comments to students. And also recently I visited a doctor who had an old Russian woman as a clerk, and although I spoke up in Russian, she responded in English. My friend in Vienna tells the same about the Russians she's met there - they reply in fragmented German that she should speak to them in German. The disgusting Soviet habits are still alive.

That is interesting. Until I got to the part about Vienna I thought it was going to be an easy explanation about the US and foreigners. Nevermind then. In the UK there is no such trait as this. All the Russians, actually pretty much all the foreigners I've encountered have at first opportunity gone into native tongue when one of their own appears. The only thing that might stop them would be politeness to any obtuse English people accompanying. But then I suppose the UK is a little different from other countries when it comes to foreigners and how free and comfortable everyone seems.

By the way, what are the disgusting Soviet habits you mentioned?

Quote from: Wurstwasser on October 18, 2008, 08:38:23 AM
I still don't get what this is about, please explain...   ???

Well I might be wrong but Russian women tend to be known as very clean and hygienic and attentive-to-self. However some who move here, maybe not Russian but from some of the old satellite states, quickly become, let's say, quite English. In the states it's sometimes said that when a woman gets married she might stop caring about her appearance. Well it's a bit like that when some move here, though I think Sarastro is right when he says that those who do were already predisposed to such a thing. I shall shut up now.