100 Greatest Composers!!!

Started by mn dave, November 09, 2008, 07:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 15, 2010, 08:29:09 AM
Ray mightn't recognize the source underneath the photoshopped makeover, Dave.

Even I had to do a double-take, once on a time.

I am surprised.

karlhenning

Quote from: MN Dave on October 15, 2010, 08:31:22 AM
I am surprised.

Well, the shades anonymize his visage to a much greater degree than comparable avatars of Mozart or Bach.  I think it takes a US-lit geek like you or me to know that author of "Tamerlane" lurks behing that urbane front.

AndyD.

I think Ray was joking. It's a really cool avatar. It's funny, I just saw the Dario Argento version of "Black Cat" last night, and I thought of Dave.
http://andydigelsomina.blogspot.com/

My rockin' Metal wife:

karlhenning

Well, I only thought that maybe Ray didn't realize it was E.A. Poe, and he was half-joking . . . .

Brahmsian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 15, 2010, 11:29:55 AM
Well, I only thought that maybe Ray didn't realize it was E.A. Poe, and he was half-joking . . . .

No, I actually didn't realize that it was EAP.  :-X

karlhenning

I know the source photo reasonably well, Ray (I went to school with Poe . . . well, I did my Master's at UVa, where they keep a room in his honor) . . . and as I say, it was only after a double-take that I recognized him.

AndyD.

I really enjoyed the blog that Karl wrote on "100 Greatest", and it inspired me to add fuel to the Tiger Beaten fun here: No way does Mozart rate over Bach!
http://andydigelsomina.blogspot.com/

My rockin' Metal wife:

karlhenning

Scarpia

Quote from: AndyD. on October 16, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
No way does Mozart rate over Bach!

:o  No one can rank over Wolfie, I say.  I'd have to put Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms in a four way tie for first.  Then we can start counting from 5 on.   0:)

MN Dave

Quote from: Scarpia on October 17, 2010, 12:07:55 PM

:o  No one can rank over Wolfie, I say.  I'd have to put Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms in a four way tie for first.  Then we can start counting from 5 on.   0:)

I like your style.

Jaakko Keskinen

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 20, 2010, 08:42:48 PM
Music isn't a bloody competition people! 

When looking at some of your other posts, I find this somewhat conflicting.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo