Fat Enders

Started by Dr. Dread, June 12, 2009, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nesf

Quote from: nesf on February 15, 2012, 01:17:57 AM

Weight has stabilised over the past week. This is good and should give me a baseline to work from. I should see some weight loss once I get off my ass and start exercising regularly. Being 20lb lighter than my worst this year is also nice, as is no longer being on medication that causes weight gain.

New baseline version of the above (different clothes): 217.6lb

This morning: 214.8

Water weight differences make up a lot of this I'm assuming.
My favourite words in classical: "Molto vivace"

Yes, I'm shallow.

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on February 19, 2012, 05:52:46 AM
Lost another 2 lbs!  I'm now less than 2 lbs from my first goal (5% of my body weight). :)  In a week or two I hope to have finally reached that first goal.

Davvid, do you have the Glass Piano cd?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Quote from: karlhenning on February 19, 2012, 10:17:08 AM
230.0 this morning. Hope to make more (or proper) progress this week coming!

Wow, that's great Karl! Congratulations! Keep it up!

Ataraxia

Bogey

218.  That makes it 15 total since 1/16.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Ataraxia

Bogey

Down another one and a half pounds.  Not bad considering I ate double my allocated points last Sunday during the Academy Awards ceremony.  Now at 216.5 :)

Karl Henning

Outstanding progress, Bill!

Just back from vacation, and while I made no progress, I seem not to have lost ground, either.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

DavidW

Quote from: karlhenning on March 02, 2012, 03:14:46 AM
Outstanding progress, Bill!

Just back from vacation, and while I made no progress, I seem not to have lost ground, either.

I think that's the best you can hope for after any kind of traveling.  I was happy to see last week that I managed to lose any weight (.8 lbs).  I wonder if this will be my big week to finally achieve my 5% goal... will see.

nesf

Quote from: nesf on February 22, 2012, 04:10:05 AM
New baseline version of the above (different clothes): 217.6lb

This morning: 214.8

Water weight differences make up a lot of this I'm assuming.

Happy with this. Have around a 500 calorie per day deficit so this rate of weight loss is about right.
My favourite words in classical: "Molto vivace"

Yes, I'm shallow.

DavidW

I lost 1.6 lbs in the past two weeks (.8 lbs per week).  I just missed my milestone by .2 lbs... I guess next week.  But I did lose a point from my daily points target, and I've been looking forward to that for weeks! :)

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on March 04, 2012, 06:29:52 AM
I lost 1.6 lbs in the past two weeks (.8 lbs per week).  I just missed my milestone by .2 lbs... I guess next week.  But I did lose a point from my daily points target, and I've been looking forward to that for weeks! :)

Cool low-fat beans, David!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

DavidW

Quote from: Bogey on March 04, 2012, 08:08:58 AM
Cool low-fat beans, David!

Yup cool 0 point black beans! ;D

Bogey

Down another half this week.  Total of 17.  Would like to see three more gone in the next two weeks, but I will have to really earn that.  Starting to jog/walk combo on trails again, so that will give me a break from the stationary bike two or three times a week.  My water intake has become pathetic, so time to work on that as well.

DavidW

Sometimes it's a slog Bill, keep at it!

Karl Henning

Well done, Bill!

232.4 this morning . . . weather's improving, and I can smell more exercise in the air! (Hm, not sure that came out right . . . .)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

DavidW

My official weigh in is not until Sunday but it looks like 3.6 lbs for this week.  But that's not a triumph of discipline... I've been under a huge amount of stress this week from work and my appetite has been greatly reduced.

Ataraxia

208.5 and going nowhere fast.  ;D

Karl Henning

Quote from: MN Dave on March 09, 2012, 04:25:27 AM
208.5 and going nowhere fast.  ;D

Dude, you need more of Stravinsky's lean harmonies in your listening diet!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA