Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Madiel

Quote from: DavidW on April 13, 2024, 04:28:54 AMNot the picture itself, nothing inappropriate shown there.

I literally talked about a picture that was different to what is actually shown there.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Madiel on April 12, 2024, 06:40:04 AMThe art is not specific to that album. It's part of a Braunfels series.

Yep.








KevinP



He just happened to be walking along the field with his harp...

Madiel

The picture's fine, but um, yes, the concept...
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

KevinP

Yeah, if he was playing the harp in the field, it would be, at worst, cheesy, and probably not enough to be in this thread.

DavidW

Quote from: KevinP on May 25, 2024, 02:39:18 AM

He just happened to be walking along the field with his harp...

Oh he found it... "well I can't just believe I found this harp lying here..." he must think he is a regular Orpheus. ;D

JBS

My problem is the angle of this photo. It's making me dizzy. And the POV suggests the photographer was her cat.


[From the New Releases thread, courtesy of @Todd ]

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Todd

Quote from: JBS on May 30, 2024, 08:40:20 AMMy problem is the angle of this photo. It's making me dizzy. And the POV suggests the photographer was her cat.


[From the New Releases thread, courtesy of @Todd ]

When a Dutch angle photograph, perhaps edited after the fact for effect, is listed as a bad/terrible/worst cover, the thread has lost all meaning and value.  (BTW, google the phrase "dutch angle" to see what happens.)
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

JBS

Quote from: Todd on May 30, 2024, 08:46:31 AMWhen a Dutch angle photograph, perhaps edited after the fact for effect, is listed as a bad/terrible/worst cover, the thread has lost all meaning and value.  (BTW, google the phrase "dutch angle" to see what happens.)

Vertigo inducing cover images are not good cover images.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Todd

Quote from: JBS on May 30, 2024, 08:53:57 AMVertigo inducing cover images are not good cover images.

Vertigo, huh?  Time to visit a doctor.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Brian

Actually I have a different product with that cover! It's the vertical space between the lines of text. "Recordings" is a little too far down.

KevinP

Quote from: Todd on May 30, 2024, 08:46:31 AM(BTW, google the phrase "dutch angle" to see what happens.)

What happened is that I got search results for 'dutch angle'.

Todd

Quote from: KevinP on May 30, 2024, 03:07:38 PMWhat happened is that I got search results for 'dutch angle'.

Look harder.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Peter Power Pop

#4933
Quote from: JBS on May 30, 2024, 08:40:20 AMMy problem is the angle of this photo. It's making me dizzy. And the POV suggests the photographer was her cat.


[From the New Releases thread, courtesy of @Todd ]

I keep thinking that lamp is going to slide off the piano.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: JBS on May 30, 2024, 08:40:20 AMMy problem is the angle of this photo. It's making me dizzy. And the POV suggests the photographer was her cat.


[From the New Releases thread, courtesy of @Todd ]
Pretty darn talented cat (overall--O.k., not Annie Leibovitz class).  ;)

But yes, the angle is rather strange.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

ritter

Quote from: Todd on May 30, 2024, 06:41:26 PMLook harder.
Oh yes, very clever!  :laugh:

I wouldn't have thought that Google was capable of such wit...

DavidW

Quote from: Todd on May 30, 2024, 06:41:26 PMLook harder.

He tried but Google was so bad that all it showed him was slanted pictures.  Stupid google. >:D

 :laugh:

pjme

#4937


A rare and demanding artist, Catherine Collard did not disperse her talent or her energy but on the contrary brought them together in the service of unforgettable performances which suggested that the music we had just heard was certainly that imagined by the composers. even before they lay it down imperfectly on paper. Everyone was served with the same mastery, both discreet and sovereign, from Bach to Gilbert Amy and André Boucourechliev, including Haydn, Mozart, Franck, Debussy, Messiaen and Schumann, undoubtedly the dearest to her heart.

Collard died in 1993.

From Crescendo magazine october2023. The photo from Collards youth as used by Erato...is a bit weird...not bad.

JBS

Quote from: pjme on May 31, 2024, 06:25:45 AM

A rare and demanding artist, Catherine Collard did not disperse her talent or her energy but on the contrary brought them together in the service of unforgettable performances which suggested that the music we had just heard was certainly that imagined by the composers. even before they lay it down imperfectly on paper. Everyone was served with the same mastery, both discreet and sovereign, from Bach to Gilbert Amy and André Boucourechliev, including Haydn, Mozart, Franck, Debussy, Messiaen and Schumann, undoubtedly the dearest to her heart.

Collard died in 1993.

From Crescendo magazine october2023. The photo from Collards youth as used by Erato...is a bit weird...not bad.

Was she related in any way to Jean-Phillipe Collard?
The details on family given by Wikipedia for both pianists are so minimal it's not possible to say either yes or no.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Skogwald

Lol this thread is great  ;D

First thing that came to my mind was chamber music CDs from the 80s. They often feature an awkward photo of the players - Here are a few examples