And They're Off! The Democratic Candidates for 2020

Started by JBS, June 26, 2019, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drogulus

Quote from: milk on October 18, 2019, 07:53:11 PM
They think she's anti-imperialism and anti war. They hate America. They think the HK protesters are just CIA stooges and that Putin is no worse, perhaps better, than any American president.

She's a good fit, then. I just took a little tour of Sputnik News, yesterday in fact. Apparently Hillary and Tulsi are the most important Americans alive, locked in a deathmatch.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

drogulus

After rumination on the meaning of life for minutes I have decided that 71dB is one of the most valuable contributors here. I say this with malice towards not many, and in disagreement with plenty that our hero says, some of which is naive and utopian. Also, I intuit that he likes animals.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

71 dB

Quote from: schnittkease on October 19, 2019, 01:34:44 PM
You're a lost cause if you can't see that equating a Finn's English grammar (for whom it is a second language, mind you) with the quality of his country's education system is stupid.

Grammar? What? I thought the problem was my "ignorance", not grammar.  :P

Yes, my English is not perfect*, but I think it's good enough for people to understand what I say.

* Up until the mid 90's I was really bad at English, but my university studies and internet made me learn it and become much better in it.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Muzio

Quote from: 71 dB on October 19, 2019, 02:55:42 PM
Up until the mid 90's I was really bad at English, but my university studies and internet made me learn it and become much better in it.

So you went to a Finnishing School?

71 dB

Quote from: drogulus on October 19, 2019, 02:32:54 PM

After rumination on the meaning of life for minutes I have decided that 71dB is one of the most valuable contributors here. I say this with malice towards not many, and in disagreement with plenty that our hero says, some of which is naive and utopian. Also, I intuit that he likes animals.

Well, thank you! Your own posts tend to feel thoughtful even if I don't always agree 100 %.

Who doesn't like animals? I like (recommend) this Youtube channel (TYR The White Fox):

https://www.youtube.com/v/x3EQaXUO5K0

Madiel

Quote from: 71 dB on October 19, 2019, 07:43:28 AM
Yeah, Finnish education system didn't tell me about gerrymandering...
Gerrymandering in the presidential election is not possible. Only in the House of Reps.

EDIT: This is something I've had to point out to left-leaning American friends who keep pointing out that Hillary Clinton won the national vote, as if that matters. Winning a contest that didn't exist is irrelevant. It's like declaring that your favourite tennis player won a match because they won more points overall while ignoring the actual scoring system of tennis.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

71 dB

Quote from: Muzio on October 19, 2019, 03:03:37 PM
So you went to a Finnishing School?

Hahaah. I think one of my problems was I wasn't much into music until in high-school and musical activity is said to develop the areas of the brain that are linked to learning languages. My ears got "trained" starting from high school years and during the university years I noticed how learning English became increasingly easy. My childhood was so unmusical that only now at age of 48 have I gotten properly into music theory and it's awesome to be able to finally create music that makes (musical) sense! It all came to me pretty suddenly after pondering the mysteries for decades in despair. Jake Lizzio, the best music theory teacher of Youtube made it happen, gave me the insight I was missing.

71 dB

Quote from: Madiel on October 19, 2019, 03:11:00 PM
Gerrymandering in the presidential election is not possible. Only in the House of Reps.

That's true, thanks for pointing it out

Quote from: Madiel on October 19, 2019, 03:11:00 PMEDIT: This is something I've had to point out to left-leaning American friends who keep pointing out that Hillary Clinton won the national vote, as if that matters. Winning a contest that didn't exist is irrelevant. It's like declaring that your favourite tennis player won a match because they won more points overall while ignoring the actual scoring system of tennis.

Yeah, you need to win the real contest and Hillary Clinton was unable to do that. It matters to have a candidate who can. That's just one reason why I endorse Bernie Sanders.

schnittkease

Quote from: 71 dB on October 19, 2019, 02:55:42 PM
Grammar? What? I thought the problem was my "ignorance", not grammar.  :P

Yes, my English is not perfect*, but I think it's good enough for people to understand what I say.

* Up until the mid 90's I was really bad at English, but my university studies and internet made me learn it and become much better in it.

I thought it was a grammar thing!  :-\

SimonNZ

Quote from: Madiel on October 19, 2019, 03:11:00 PM

EDIT: This is something I've had to point out to left-leaning American friends who keep pointing out that Hillary Clinton won the national vote, as if that matters. Winning a contest that didn't exist is irrelevant. It's like declaring that your favourite tennis player won a match because they won more points overall while ignoring the actual scoring system of tennis.

That's a good analogy - but it does matter if there's going to be a lot of loose talk later about "the will of the people" and "real Americans" etc.

Madiel

Quote from: SimonNZ on October 19, 2019, 03:43:58 PM
That's a good analogy - but it does matter if there's going to be a lot of loose talk later about "the will of the people" and "real Americans" etc.

Absolutely. It doesn't matter which side of politics it is, mention of having a "mandate" makes me want to slap them.

I did enjoy a couple of Australian elections ago when the Prime Minister started talking about having a mandate and how the government had been elected, and the Leader of the Opposition pointed out that every single person on his side of the chamber had also been elected.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Muzio

Good Sunday Morning to everyone except the losers and navel-pickers who are off topic.

milk

drogulus

Tulsi can do the Putiny thing and run as a Baathist. If she doesn't, what is she for?

Muzio

Quote from: drogulus on October 20, 2019, 06:42:52 AM
     Tulsi can do the Putiny thing and run as a Baathist. If she doesn't, what is she for?
Through her severe and well-publicized denunciations, Tulsi can finally destroy, for all practical purposes, Hillary Clinton.  In doing so, she gives credibility to what DJT has been saying about Hillary all along.  Thus, she helps, in some incremental way, DJT in 2020.  At this point, increments (increased DJT support from Blacks, Hispanics, white women, Centrist Dems) are very important.

Hence, victory.
   :)

milk

Madiel

This a thread about Democratic candidates. Clinton isn't running, and to think destroying Clinton is an important goal is very weird.

drogulus

Quote from: Muzio on October 20, 2019, 10:21:34 AM
Through her severe and well-publicized denunciations, Tulsi can finally destroy, for all practical purposes, Hillary Clinton.

It won't have any effect on H. Bitch. As for Putin, Hillary doesn't scare him, he's moved on.

Here we see Tulsi Mk I with Michael Flynn and the Boss, discussing Green adoption energy and Turkish adoption.

JBS

Quote from: Muzio on October 20, 2019, 10:21:34 AM
Through her severe and well-publicized denunciations, Tulsi can finally destroy, for all practical purposes, Hillary Clinton.  In doing so, she gives credibility to what DJT has been saying about Hillary all along.  Thus, she helps, in some incremental way, DJT in 2020.  At this point, increments (increased DJT support from Blacks, Hispanics, white women, Centrist Dems) are very important.

Hence, victory.
   :)

You don't seem to understand. What she calls corruption and rot is not what Donald the Great and Terrible calls corruption and rot.

She's saying the same things that 71db (and others) has been saying: that she is a "corporarist", a non-progressive. She's saying that Hillary is not leftist enough.

Which btw is itself evidence that she is insincere: if she really thought that, she'd be working for Bernie or Sanders, not running against them.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk