Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

The Six

Black Burger from McDonald's Japan.

Karl Henning

Still my mind is back on vacation . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

ibanezmonster

I'm sure I posted this a few years ago, but here it is again.

ibanezmonster

The Six

Mirror Image

Some cool Strauss pictures:

The mad scientist or nutty professor look:

Private Detective Strauss:

Brian

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Brian on October 22, 2014, 07:15:55 PM

;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:
   I'm a big time peanuts fan. That really took me by surprise. People out on the street probably could have heard me laugh.
It's all good...

TheGSMoeller

A screen grab I took from the new Avangers: Age of Ultron trailer. I'm frothing at the mouth for this one, Marvel is starting to get to some of the villains that have wreaked havoc in the comics, Ultron, Thanos and even the X-Men are getting to Apocalypse. The next few years should be awesome for the comic book movie, especially for those like myself that grew up reading all of these...

Moonfish

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 23, 2014, 03:14:33 AM
A screen grab I took from the new Avangers: Age of Ultron trailer. I'm frothing at the mouth for this one, Marvel is starting to get to some of the villains that have wreaked havoc in the comics, Ultron, Thanos and even the X-Men are getting to Apocalypse. The next few years should be awesome for the comic book movie, especially for those like myself that grew up reading all of these...

As long as they add a Bruckner soundtrack!!!! Right! Right.....? 
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Moonfish on October 23, 2014, 03:44:22 AM

Symphony No. 6! Has to be No. 6!

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

kishnevi

Quote from: Moonfish on October 23, 2014, 03:44:22 AM

I've always thought of him as father of the film score, especially in light of No. 6.....

Meanwhile,  pictures of pictures and Chinese ceramics and bronze from the Norton Museum of Art in West Palm Beach when I was there they day before.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34574498@N06/sets/72157646602548713/

Among the painters, in no particular order:
Rubens Gilbert Stuart  Matisse Renoir Picasso O'Keeffe Hopper Pollack van Dyck Reynolds Tiepolo Chagall Monet Hassam Cranach the Elder.....

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Two clever covers of recent books.  I have long hoped to write an article on the meaning and use of railroad-related images in modern Am. culture (most see RRs as antiquated - they are anything but! - and the survival of steam locomotives and cabooses in the public imagination is fascinating in and of itself) but I've always been hung-up on methodology.  The author's name of the Internet-related title is cause for wonderment!  And concern.

[asin]0300151241[/asin]

North Star

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on October 24, 2014, 05:04:56 AM
Two clever covers of recent books.  I have long hoped to write an article on the meaning and use of railroad-related images in modern Am. culture (most see RRs as antiquated - they are anything but! - and the survival of steam locomotives and cabooses in the public imagination is fascinating in and of itself) but I've always been hung-up on methodology.  The author's name of the Internet-related title is cause for wonderment!  And concern.
Clever, eh... Perhaps Zit TRAIN should have considered writing 'how to change it' instead of 'how to stop it'..
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Brian

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on October 24, 2014, 05:04:56 AMThe author's name of the Internet-related title is cause for wonderment!  And concern.

I tried to think of what author would cause wonderment and concern, as the author of a book about bad things happening to the internet. When I scrolled down, I said "Oh! It is" out loud to my computer. That dude's a bigtime internet scholar who has been focused for a long time on open access and keeping the web free of barriers and censorship.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: North Star on October 24, 2014, 05:09:48 AM
Clever, eh... Perhaps Zit TRAIN should have considered writing 'how to change it' instead of 'how to stop it'..

Good point - wonder if he contemplated that - though STOP is more compelling in the title. 

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Brian on October 24, 2014, 05:11:16 AM
I tried to think of what author would cause wonderment and concern, as the author of a book about bad things happening to the internet. When I scrolled down, I said "Oh! It is" out loud to my computer. That dude's a bigtime internet scholar who has been focused for a long time on open access and keeping the web free of barriers and censorship.

A noble cause to be sure - he sounds sufficiently worthy to be accorded the dignity of a non-train-related image by the cover designer!!