The AFL / Aussie Rules Thread

Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holden

Watching the Lions Blues game I thought that once they got in front the Lions backed off just enough to keep the game within their grasp without taking to much out of their players.

I also thought GWS would beat the Magpies - they certainly came close
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Olivier

Madiel

Um... Don Lane and Bert Newton? This has to be from decades ago!
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

I tried my best to stay on topic and not go on tangents...like mentioning Eddie Jones or Wales for instance  :P
Olivier

Papy Oli

Up in time for the second half of the Grand Final. Looks like a close one based on the timeline...
Olivier

Papy Oli

Oh well, well done Collingwood.

Right then, see you in March.

Off to the business end of the RWC for the next month.Allez Les Bleus. In Dupont we trust  :P  8)

Ps: how annoyed would you be as a Collingwood coach to see Carlton Zero as a prominent sponsor on your gear? It's just such an odd choice...  ::)
Olivier

Madiel

Quite a match. It was surprising how the first half was high scoring and then for much of the second half everything clamped right down.

And official full house of 100,024 people.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

It seemed a very sketchy second half but Collingwood just looked a sharper in the build-ups.

when Brisbane got their last goal, I thought for a moment the 18 behinds would come back and haunt Collingwood but they held it to the siren.

I have just seen they've now equalled the number of premierships to 16 with Essendon and Carlton.
Olivier

Papy Oli

oh that picture hit me when I saw it earlier today.

The empty stands, celebrations of the day done, just sitting there and the look of the growing realisation of what he has achieved so far from home.

Pies fan or not, a great sporting picture methinks.
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on October 02, 2023, 01:21:35 PMoh that picture hit me when I saw it earlier today.

The empty stands, celebrations of the day done, just sitting there and the look of the growing realisation of what he has achieved so far from home.

Pies fan or not, a great sporting picture methinks.

Yeah, basically the first person from his country to ever do this. Pretty huge.

His family were there for it.

Papy Oli

Go Geelong!

(on TV  :o )

Only four down Vs Brisbane in the AFLW semi-final.

Go Cats!!
Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier

Papy Oli

One sleep...just one!!! Bumpity!! :laugh:

And then stressing and early weekend mornings till September  8)

No idea what team changes have been like for the Cats. I'll have to catch up before their first game weekend after next.
Olivier

Papy Oli

How to go from minus 46 to +1 in roughly half a QT? Just ask Curnow to turn up and the others follow...  :laugh:
Olivier

Holden

Quote from: Papy Oli on March 08, 2024, 01:35:58 AMHow to go from minus 46 to +1 in roughly half a QT? Just ask Curnow to turn up and the others follow...  :laugh:

When I see a side collapse at the end like this the first thing I think of is how fit were they?
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Quote from: Holden on March 08, 2024, 02:12:42 PMWhen I see a side collapse at the end like this the first thing I think of is how fit were they?

I don't know, the Lions had a (very) bad 10 minutes spell evidently but after that, it was back and forth in Q4 between both teams.

You're happy with the start of Hardwick's tenure I guess, @Holden8)

Watching GWS/Pies over breakfast  :laugh:
Olivier

Holden

Quote from: Papy Oli on March 09, 2024, 12:01:10 AMI don't know, the Lions had a (very) bad 10 minutes spell evidently but after that, it was back and forth in Q4 between both teams.

You're happy with the start of Hardwick's tenure I guess, @Holden8)

Watching GWS/Pies over breakfast  :laugh:

I'm very happy with Damien's first up game. Club culture is important and appointing a winning coach is a must if you want a winning mentality. I'm not expecting any miracles in his first season but I can already see how he has changed how the team plays. If we make the last eight finals it will be a good season. I decided to support the Suns when they were first formed and I'll continue to do so. Their home ground is a five minute drive from where I live and I'll try and indulge myself by watching them live for the first time.
Cheers

Holden

Madiel

Carlton v Richmond is the first game I'm watching this year and they're putting on a good one.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on March 14, 2024, 02:17:09 AMCarlton v Richmond is the first game I'm watching this year and they're putting on a good one.

That was a good goal for goal kind of game, despite three Tigers going out injured during the game, Richmond gave Carlton a good run.
Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier