Lang Lang - Don Juan paraphrase, by Liszt

Started by Bonehelm, September 02, 2007, 02:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonehelm

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS ARE ONLY FOR PURE TECHNIQUE ADMIRATION, NOT MUCH ARTISTRY IS DISPLAYED.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J8mKzbr33P4  PART 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=15IonM3w__I PART 2

Note the tone quality of the VERY last note in the part 2 video, it sounds like....URGH! at least end the piece with a clear chord!  >:( but other than that, his technique is jaw-dropping.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Bonehelm on September 02, 2007, 02:58:34 AM
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS ARE ONLY FOR PURE TECHNIQUE ADMIRATION, NOT MUCH ARTISTRY IS DISPLAYED.

why so cowardly? if you like Lang Lang, just say so, who gives a damn about what the rest of the people on the forum says.

Bonehelm

Quote from: MahlerTitan on September 02, 2007, 06:44:02 AM
why so cowardly? if you like Lang Lang, just say so, who gives a damn about what the rest of the people on the forum says.

I don't like Lang Lang's interpretations. Like I said, his technique is worth watching alone, but that's it...unless you enjoy observing those orgasmic facial expressions he make when he plays.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Bonehelm on September 03, 2007, 01:02:11 AM
I don't like Lang Lang's interpretations. Like I said, his technique is worth watching alone, but that's it...unless you enjoy observing those orgasmic facial expressions he make when he plays.

I don't listen to that much instrumental music, so i don't know what exactly Lang Lang does that's so unimaginably bad.... but, I don't see why anyone should justify why he should like something or not.

Joe_Campbell

Meh...technique is pretty good. That said, he does play it amazingly. Even though his mannerisms are over the top, I love watching a musician enjoy what he's doing...though maybe now this much. Now Hamelin...THAT guy has some great technique.

The bit from 4:00 on in part one is just so funny to watch. He looks like he's telling a story to some children, complete with mannerisms.

Bonehelm

Quote from: JCampbell on October 15, 2007, 11:31:00 PM
Meh...technique is pretty good. That said, he does play it amazingly. Even though his mannerisms are over the top, I love watching a musician enjoy what he's doing...though maybe now this much. Now Hamelin...THAT guy has some great technique.

The bit from 4:00 on in part one is just so funny to watch. He looks like he's telling a story to some children, complete with mannerisms.

Thanks for insulting all the american audience in carnegie hall that night

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: Bonehelm on October 18, 2007, 06:33:36 PM
Thanks for insulting all the american audience in carnegie hall that night
haha...I guess that makes him patronizing eh?