Musical terms

Started by Mozart, April 27, 2007, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mozart

Can someone explain all the terms used to describe music like harmony, color, melody...and maybe give examples?

Harry

Quote from: Mozart on April 27, 2007, 10:21:34 AM
Can someone explain all the terms used to describe music like harmony, color, melody...and maybe give examples?

Well internet is full with places that can inform you in dept, I my self know nothing! 0:)

Mozart

Quote from: Harry on April 27, 2007, 10:41:44 AM
Well internet is full with places that can inform you in dept, I my self know nothing! 0:)

Did I mention i can't read?  ;D

Harry

Quote from: Mozart on April 27, 2007, 10:43:27 AM
Did I mention i can't read?  ;D

Hell no you did not, but writing is possible huh?

Mozart

Quote from: Harry on April 27, 2007, 10:52:08 AM
Hell no you did not, but writing is possible huh?

I have a team of monkey's who write my material, most of it is crap (chester the 3 year old keeps writting shakepear sonnets) but once in awhile I get some good stuff.

knight66

Do alert us to the good stuff when it comes along.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Iago

Quote from: Harry on April 27, 2007, 10:41:44 AM
I my self know nothing!

I always knew that was the case with you, Harry.
Now, you yourself have confirmed it.
"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected

Harry

Quote from: Iago on April 27, 2007, 01:51:33 PM
I always knew that was the case with you, Harry.
Now, you yourself have confirmed it.
\

I am so happy that you are happy!
I knew this would give you great pleasure.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Mozart on April 27, 2007, 10:43:27 AM
Did I mention i can't read?  ;D

if you can't read, how are you suppose to read from what i tell you?

SonicMan46

Mozart - frist learn to read!  ;) ;D Then, pick up a copy of Miles Hoffmann's book shown below, The NPR Classical Music Companion: An Essential Guide for Enlightened Listening  -  :)