The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Yesterday I got an external sound card for my laptop... and then discovered with the improved sq that 128 is a good enough bit rate.  Time to rerip lossless. :D

greg

Quote from: DavidW on November 20, 2010, 05:39:54 PM
Yesterday I got an external sound card for my laptop... and then discovered with the improved sq that 128 is a good enough bit rate.  Time to rerip lossless. :D
Your whole collection?

Also yesterday, I had this Muslim-looking dude go through my line- I had to give him $2.99 in change, but I gave him $3 because I didn't feel like giving him back change. He had said something, but I didn't quite get exactly what he said, then he left. He came back after going to his car to give me a penny.  :D He was kind of laughing as he gave it to me. That was awfully nice, though no one cares if the register is short a penny.  :D

DavidW

Nah just my new collection, I don't listen to my old cds that often to care enough to rerip them, just glad to have them digital.  The grad school me had a different taste in music, and I find his cd collection dull. :D

Henk

Quote from: Greg on November 20, 2010, 05:32:40 PM
Today, I had a little girl who appeared to be only about 9 years old tell me I was cute. That was embarrassing...  :-[

:) :o

Why did you feel embarrassed, for her or yourself?

I can't do anything but to make use of sublimation confronted with such things.

Henk

greg

Quote from: Henk on November 21, 2010, 10:55:30 AM
:) :o

Why did you feel embarrassed, for her or yourself?

I can't do anything but to make use of sublimation confronted with such things.

Henk
I think that's normal.
You would probably stare creepily and say, "hhhhhHHHHHHhhhhhHHHHH thaaaaaaaaank yoooooooooouuuuuu..."

:D

DavidW

Run kid!!

Greg is not normal. ;D

greg

You wanna have dinner with me...

at McDonalds?

DavidW

Would you like a balloon? ;D

Brahmsian

Quote from: DavidW on November 21, 2010, 05:52:32 PM
Would you like a balloon? ;D

Scary!   ???  Tim Curry was the perfect choice for this role.

greg

For our Romantic dinner date, I'll buy her a happy meal:

;D

karlhenning

BTW . . . the "original" Ronald McDonald in the '70s commercials was played by King Moody, who before had created the role of Shtarker, Siegfried's underling at Kaos, on Get Shmart.

Brian

(copied from a friend)
‎::How to beatbox with Google Translator::
1) Go to Google Translate
2) Set the translator to translate German to German
3) Copy + paste the following into the translate box: pv zk pv pv zk pv zk kz zk pv pv pv zk pv zk zk pzk pzk pvzkpkzvpvzk kkkkkk bsch
4) Click "listen"
5) Be amazed

greg

greg

Today I went to my friend's house in Orlando, which was a 55-min drive. They have a metal band, called "Break of Mourning," which plays Opeth-like music. It would be nice if they lived near me, since they have a lot in common with me that no one else I know right now does- they even have interests in the same anime I watch, interest in Japan, etc. 

We had to go to the drummer's house and we just messed around- with me there, 3 guitars and drums. Yeah...  8)
But I don't plan on going back anytime soon, just because of the long drive. Kind of typical, though- another reason why I want to move out into the city eventually.

DavidW

I've been having migraines and serious energy issues for days now culminating in me being up in the middle of the night with the throbbing headache.  A few days of this torture... and I figure it out... stupid coffee bag had "decaf" in very small letters.

Any other coffee drinkers out there get so thoroughly sickened by picking out the wrong coffee?

karlhenning

Gosh, Davey, are you generally taking in too much caffeine, and therefore suffering withdrawal when you drink decaf?

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 01, 2010, 02:50:10 AM
Gosh, Davey, are you generally taking in too much caffeine, and therefore suffering withdrawal when you drink decaf?

Well not "too much" but I drink four cups of coffee a day. :)

karlhenning

Sounds like you could use a drying-out period, lad!  Get rid of those pamphlets from Starbucks (starting with the perennial favorite Coffee Is Good Food) . . . .

; )

DavidW

My brain gets foggy even when the withdrawal is over.  I prefer the caffeinated state of life! ;D  But that reminds me of this funny amazon review of Girl Who Played with Fire:

Quote from: Girl Who Played with CoffeeIf you like coffee, BUY THIS BOOK IMMEDIATELY!!!!! If you were disappointed with how very little coffee drinking there was in Dragon Tattoo, you will NOT be disappointed here!!!!!! This action-and-coffee-packed sequel to The Girl With THe Dragon Tattoo has 30% more coffee!!!!!! How does our protagonist, Mikael, manage to get through the day? Pour another cup of coffee!!!!! What does he do to come up with the best possible theory? Drink some coffee!!!!!

HEre's what some coffee companies/drinkers think of this book!!!!

"This book promotes our product very well"
-Swedish Coffee magazine

"Mikael's constant addiction to drinking coffee makes us happy"
-Starbucks

"I can totally relate to Mikael Blomqvist, I need coffee to get through the day as well"
-Coffee addict

"Going to Starbucks? Take this book with you!"
-Coffee addict

"I like this book, there's lots of cups of coffee"
-An underage coffee addict

So overall, if you like mystery novels but prefer constant coffee drinking as opposed to actual character development, plot, or action, then buy this book, you will NOT regret it! This book will bring out the coffee addict in you! So make a pot of coffee and begin reading this book NOW!!!!!

;D jeje

MN Dave

Have a good December, folks.