Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cato

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 09, 2011, 06:12:31 AM
Good dose of practicing last night.

New item:  The Cathedral Church of St Paul here in Boston has a weekly podcast; I've just been advised that this Sunday's podcast (11 Sep) will conclude with my Nuhro.  I am not sure if it is actually a recenter (2009) performance of the piece, or an erroneous typographical artifact from a copy-&-paste operation.

Nuhro is a splendid work: if you are a GMG newcomer and have not heard it, you must do so!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

Thanks, Cato!

And, the flier for tonight:

J.Z. Herrenberg

That's desperately sad, Karl. Perhaps I missed this, but - do you know them?
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

karlhenning

Not directly, no, Johan; a musical colleague knows them, and has organized the event.

J.Z. Herrenberg

I think I'll support your performance tonight in a small way.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

karlhenning

As I've said before, you are kind.

karlhenning

Concert about to start. Occasion both solemn and a bit exciting.

karlhenning

On a four-star scale (four being the best I've managed to play it in public), last night's Irreplaceable Doodles may have been a 3.5.  Though I suppose a stricter colleague might well shame me into owning that it was a 3.0 . . . .

ibanezmonster

I like seeing your name just casually thrown in with those other names on that flier. It would be nice to see more of that!  :D

karlhenning

karlhenning

This is the word:

QuoteYOU GUYS!
We did it
and we did it well.
We raised close to $1,300 and this is withOUT counting the online
donations that are (supposedly) also going to be made in the name of last
night's event.

J.Z. Herrenberg

QuoteYOU GUYS!
We did it
and we did it well.
We raised close to $1,300 and this is withOUT counting the online
donations that are (supposedly) also going to be made in the name of last
night's event.

Excellent!

karlhenning

Would there be any interest in a DVD of the 13 Sep concert on which I performed Irreplaceable Doodles? . . .

DavidW

TheGSMoeller

karlhenning

Thanks, gents! Will post details first thing tomorrow morning.

karlhenning

Actually, I think I should PM the details, as they include a chap's address, and we mustn't fling it out in Internet public, I think.

springrite

I forgot to send a thank you note to Karl for the concert honoring my birthday. Wish I was there!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

karlhenning

Quote from: springrite on October 05, 2011, 08:36:47 AM
I forgot to send a thank you note to Karl for the concert honoring my birthday. Wish I was there!

: )

karlhenning

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 03, 2011, 04:13:32 AM
Would there be any interest in a DVD of the 13 Sep concert on which I performed Irreplaceable Doodles? . . .

Mine arrived to-day.  Just may watch it . . . .