Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 309566 times)

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1340 on: March 21, 2020, 02:43:27 PM »
I did also receive an email from ArkivMusic saying in essence that there might be delays in shipments due to being able to get ahold of some items during these times--which is certainly understandable.

PD

p.s.  That's also presuming that they are not forced to close for a while too by either their state government or the federal.  :( Hard times.

Offline ritter

• Veteran member
  • Raoul Dufy, "Tragédie, Comédie"
« Reply #1341 on: April 16, 2020, 05:46:33 AM »
Following a ruling by a court in Nanterre (resulting from a lawsuit filed by a trade union), Amazon in France has had to stop operations in its French distribution centres. The platform continues to operate, but relying “on the strength of its worldwide distribution network and third-party vendors”. Whatever appears as “available” in the website can be ordered (in any category of products). I would imagine that this will impact on products originating in France sold by Amazon sites in other countries.
ritter
-------------------------------------------------------------
„ Kein’ Musik ist ja nicht auf Erden, die unsrer verglichen kann werden“.

Offline MusicTurner

« Reply #1342 on: April 16, 2020, 05:57:39 AM »
Following a ruling by a court in Nanterre (resulting from a lawsuit filed by a trade union), Amazon in France has had to stop operations in its French distribution centres. The platform continues to operate, but relying “on the strength of its worldwide distribution network and third-party vendors”. Whatever appears as “available” in the website can be ordered (in any category of products). I would imagine that this will impact on products originating in France sold by Amazon sites in other countries.

Interesting and very useful information, thanks. I've only been buying from associated dealers, not Amazon themselves, for some time now, due to the criticism of working conditions etc.

Offline Madiel

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
  • Currently Listening to:
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
« Reply #1343 on: April 16, 2020, 11:58:24 AM »
Shrug. Amazon refuses to sell Australians most things anyway.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline listener

• Veteran member
« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2020, 06:27:17 PM »
I just got a discount coupon from jpc today.  Alas.they are not shipping to Canada.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."