Author Topic: Royal Baby: Live updates!  (Read 840 times)

Offline vandermolen

• Silver Subscriber
Re: Royal Baby: Live updates!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 10:12:21 AM »
Across the Channel we have our own royalty, and they have babies too!!  :D
Very true and especially relevant in view of my own Dutch ancestry, although, unfortunately, I don't think that I'm related to either Royal Families.
 :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline vandermolen

• Silver Subscriber
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »
I think many years from now the name of this thread will be renamed to ‘Royal Brat’. :)
I suspect that your right John, maybe sooner than you think!
 8)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline Que

• Global Moderator

Offline Jo498

• Veteran member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 09:57:29 PM »
Considering Prince Harry's pelt a picture of an Orang Utan (maybe with a Nazi military cap for giggles) would have been more appropriate ;)
Struck by the sounds before the sun,
I knew the night had gone.
The morning breeze like a bugle blew
Against the drums of dawn.
(Bob Dylan)

Offline vandermolen

• Silver Subscriber
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 11:56:35 AM »
Considering Prince Harry's pelt a picture of an Orang Utan (maybe with a Nazi military cap for giggles) would have been more appropriate ;)
Yes, there was a huge fuss of disapproval (justifiably I think) when Prince Harry turned up to a fancy dress party in a Nazi uniform. It did, however, inspire my possible favourite Private Eye cover:

Offline XB-70 Valkyrie

• Veteran member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 04:50:49 PM »
In the universe of boring topics: babies/kids, and royalty/celebrities are at the very top of my list. Throw in some content about the Civil War, baseball, dogs, golf, and Star Wars, and you will have enough to put me into a coma for a decade.  :laugh:

Who will be the first clever dick to combine all of these into a single sentence??
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:52:42 PM by XB-70 Valkyrie »
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:57 AM »
In the universe of boring topics: babies/kids, and royalty/celebrities are at the very top of my list. Throw in some content about the Civil War, baseball, dogs, golf, and Star Wars, and you will have enough to put me into a coma for a decade.  :laugh:

Who will be the first clever dick to combine all of these into a single sentence??

But royal babies definitely beat Donald Trump in cuteness... :D

Q

Don't Like These Ads? Become a GMG Subscriber!
For as little as 14 cents per day, subscribers get no advertising on the forum, a larger Inbox for your PM's, and a warm glow of knowing you are supporting the forum. All this and a groovy Subscriber badge too!
Click here to read more.