Author Topic: Kindly help me identify this piece of music from a Marriott Hotel on-hold  (Read 51323 times)

Offline JoeTairei

While speaking to Marriott Hotels, I was placed on hold the other day and it played this lovely piece that began with piano melody, then strings entered.
I called them back the next day, hoping to be put on hold, but they answered my questions too efficiently.
Then I requested that they put me on hold, and lo and behold, it played the same piece again!
Unfortunately, the sound quality is very poor but I am hoping that some learned person might be able to identify it.

It is in key of D major and begins with piano solo.  A piano concerto, perhaps?  Might be Mozart?

Thanks for any help; this is driving me crazy!
-Joe

Offline JoeTairei

Here is a transcription, if it helps. (not sure how to embed)

Offline some guy

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Music
Can't help ya. Sound quality is too bad.

But if you play this backwards, there is some interesting information about the anti-christ and an oblique reference to Sgt. Pepper that I didn' quite catch.

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
That definitely sounds like Mozart, but he only wrote three piano concertos in D, and that doesn't sound like those (Nos. 5, 16, 26 iirc). I'm stumped! Feel like I have heard it before so possibly the phone line quality has distorted a concerto originally written in a different key.