Author Topic: Aram Khachaturian (1903-1978)  (Read 20223 times)

Offline SymphonicAddict

• Veteran member
Re: Aram Khachaturian (1903-1978)
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »
That's very interesting to hear Cesar. Some time ago I bought a recording with Tjeknavorian conducting the 'National Philharmonic Orchestra'. They used the same cover image as the RCA LP release of him conducting the First Symphony with the LSO and for a moment I thought that they had finally released that unsurpassed recording on CD - so I was a bit disappointed. Now, your post has encouraged me to listen to the complete Gayaneh. Oddly enough the cover image that you posted is identical to the one used on the CD including the composer's own recording of his underrated First Symphony:

I never knew the recording of the 1st with Tjeknavorian and the LSO. It's a shame because that symphony is quite appealing, and a good candidate for a fine example of a 1st symphony.

As for Gayaneh, the music is often carefree with some deeply lovely moments, but the rule with this work is to have fun!  8)

Don't Like These Ads? Become a GMG Subscriber!
For as little as 14 cents per day, subscribers get no advertising on the forum, a larger Inbox for your PM's, and a warm glow of knowing you are supporting the forum. All this and a groovy Subscriber badge too!
Click here to read more.