Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 235417 times)

Offline flyingdutchman

Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1280 on: January 29, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »
I've ordered CDs from several good places in Oregon and also California (used items).  Are Everyday Music and Amoeba (California - a few locations) still around?  I hadn't heard of Classical Millennium before?  Were they a store or strictly online?

PD

They were a store...and the best in any state.  But, the powers that be took it away.  Now all there is is Everyday.  It's ok, but it couldn't hold a torch to Classical Millenium.

Offline Pat B

• Veteran member
  • A=430
« Reply #1281 on: January 29, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »
importcds.com (sometimes their own web site is a better deal than amazon marketplace version)

In my experience, the nominal prices are usually similar, but their website discounts on shipping for multiple items. They also have site-wide sales a couple times per year.

Classical Music Superstore on alibris is similar. They don’t have sales as such, but alibris almost always has a coupon.

Aside from saving a few bucks per order, I think there is value in supporting alternatives to the behemoth.

Online Ghost of Baron Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #1282 on: January 29, 2019, 03:50:01 PM »
In my experience, the nominal prices are usually similar, but their website discounts on shipping for multiple items.

Depends, before the holiday break I picked up the complete Arrau and the Rostropovich/DG for 25% less than on marketplace. But more often than not I agree prices are similar.
There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind.