Author Topic: Today's Purchases (Non-classical)  (Read 320430 times)

Offline Ghost of Baron Scarpia

• Veteran member
Re: Today's Purchases (Non-classical)
« Reply #3380 on: February 12, 2019, 09:03:43 PM »
The kindle edition of A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is currently on sale for $1.99 at Amazon.com. This is the second novel by the author of the Kite Runner. At that price I decided to give it a try. Interest is enhanced by the idea that it depicts the history of Afghanistan over the last several decades.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159448385X?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=MTAFMQXVXK8V2GAJPPEB

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:06:49 PM by Ghost of Baron Scarpia »
There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #3381 on: February 20, 2019, 08:03:38 AM »
Arrived today by Onuka a Ukrainian electro-folk band:
I really enjoyed their interval performance during Eurovision 2017 (don't laugh - my daughter was working in Kyiv at the time and was watching it on a big screen, hence my interest - honestly  ::))

They play with the Naoni Orchestra who use traditional Ukrainian folk instruments. A number of their performances are on You Tube.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:07:39 AM by vandermolen »
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

« Reply #3382 on: February 22, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »
Arrived today by Onuka a Ukrainian electro-folk band:
I really enjoyed their interval performance during Eurovision 2017 (don't laugh - my daughter was working in Kyiv at the time and was watching it on a big screen, hence my interest - honestly  ::))

They play with the Naoni Orchestra who use traditional Ukrainian folk instruments. A number of their performances are on You Tube.

I just checked out a couple of their videos...quite nice!  I like how the granddaughter is trying to help shine the spotlight on traditional Ukrainian folk instruments and they're incorporating them in clever ways.  Wonder what the instrument is that reminds me of a hammered dulcimer?  In this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZw9FDcOGc

PD