Gurn's Classical Corner

Started by Gurn Blanston, February 22, 2009, 07:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on December 15, 2011, 05:05:48 AM
Gurn, do you play any instrument?

Guitar, mandolin, tenor banjo. In earlier times I played trumpet & baritone tuba. Doesn't matter though, I don't intend to find my way into Bach like Bela Fleck has... :D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Karl Henning

Baritone horn arrangement of the solo cello suites, Gurn . . . make it happen!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: karlhenning on December 15, 2011, 05:10:49 AM
Baritone horn arrangement of the solo cello suites, Gurn . . . make it happen!

Can you imagine?   ::)

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Florestan

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on December 15, 2011, 05:09:58 AM
Guitar, mandolin, tenor banjo. In earlier times I played trumpet & baritone tuba.

Gottfried Uwe Reinhard Nepomuk Blanston - Variazioni sopra la tema della Gatta di Sig. Giuseppe Haydn, per mandolino con banjo tenore obligatto GURNVW I:1

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: mc ukrneal on December 15, 2011, 05:16:02 AM
Sounds great to me. Seriously.

Yeah, but it wouldn't with me playing it. :D  Maybe someone from the Canadian Brass... :)

8)

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Quote from: Florestan on December 15, 2011, 05:16:27 AM
Gottfried Uwe Reinhard Nepomuk Blanston - Variazioni sopra la tema della Gatta di Sig. Giuseppe Haydn, per mandolino con banjo tenore obligatto GURNVW I:1

That made me laugh so hard and boisterous that the Cabernet wine that was in my mouth spilled all over the floor. :o ;D

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on December 15, 2011, 05:16:27 AM

Sure, you can do that cat thing on a banjo easily. Add in a dog and another banjo and it will be Deliverance Pt II in no time. :D

8)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Harry on December 15, 2011, 05:20:07 AM
That made me laugh so hard and boisterous that the Cabernet wine that was in my mouth spilled all over the floor. :o ;D

Now you see the liver-saving value of coming to the Corner from time to time, Harry. :)

8)

Florestan

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on December 15, 2011, 05:22:13 AM
Now you see the liver-saving value of coming to the Corner from time to time, Harry. :)

My turn to ROTFL. :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on December 15, 2011, 05:22:13 AM

8)

8) 8) 8) :-*

Florestan

OTOH, when wine is accidentally spilled on the floor Romanians say some dead person was thirsty. This time it must have been good ol' Papa...

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on December 15, 2011, 05:24:41 AM
OTOH, when wine is accidentally spilled on the floor Romanians say some dead person was thirsty. This time it must have been good ol' Papa...

Hope it is so. We owed him a glass or two. :)

One of my speakers just crapped out. I am depressed. :'(  See y'all in a while, I have to do something about this. :-\

8)

Quote from: Florestan on December 15, 2011, 05:24:41 AM

The cat from the neighbour licked the stuff up, its totally clean on my floor, and the cat keeps falling. ;D

Florestan

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on December 15, 2011, 05:26:47 AM
One of my speakers just crapped out.

They too have a harpsichord limit...

(EDIT: Typo corrected)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Harry on December 15, 2011, 05:26:59 AM
The cat from the neighbour licked the stuff up, its totally clean on my floor, and the cat keeps falling. ;D

Cat's name wasn't Wolfgang by any chance? Miiiiaaaaaoooooowww :D

8)

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on December 15, 2011, 05:30:09 AM
Cat's name wasn't Wolfgang by any chance? Miiiiaaaaaoooooowww :D

8)

No, Diderich, there must be a composer with that name........ ;D

Florestan

Gentlemen, I'm off to a concert with KV 158, 159, 285 and 285b.  8)

See you tomorrow!  :)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on December 15, 2011, 05:47:22 AM
Gentlemen, I'm off to a concert with KV 158, 159, 285 and 285b.  8)

See you tomorrow!  :)

Splendid. Don't get too close to that modern flute, it will cut right through your ear drums. :D  As for me, I am going to use this rare vacation day that I've taken to go play golf in the rain. I can hardly wait!  :-\

8)