The Formula One Thread

Started by mahler10th, March 10, 2009, 06:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Great timing! I was about to revive this thread for the same reason as well, but it's more fitting that you did. :D
Regards,
Navneeth

mahler10th

One week to go. All the cars resemble ducks with their new front noses (except McLaren).  Bruno Senna is with Williams.  Raikkonen returns.  The Ferraris are off the pace.  The Mercedes team are threatening.  Grosjean is going to try again.  Button and Hamilton, head to head again.  Barrichello has gone at last.  The diffuser issue has been diffused.  Cars are closer.
Bring it on.

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

springrite

I did not watch much the past three years, other than occasionally tuning in to root for a Hamilton crash.

but now...

Rooting for Kimi with Kimi! Yeah!!!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Opus106

Quote from: springrite on March 10, 2012, 09:13:10 AM
Rooting for Kimi with Kimi! Yeah!!!

So have you told her about her namesake?
Regards,
Navneeth

springrite

Quote from: Opus106 on March 10, 2012, 09:16:14 AM
So have you told her about her namesake?

I guess I will do so next week. But I doubt she'd understand what that means. She might not even like the fact that there's another Kimi. Everyone she knew have people with the same name except her, and she always thought that made her special.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

mahler10th

Senna - Maldonado - Williams F1

My team for this season.

Opus106

Quote from: Scots John on March 10, 2012, 09:36:47 AM
Senna - Maldonado - Williams F1

My team for this season.

No love for Di Resta any more?
Regards,
Navneeth

mahler10th

Quote from: Opus106 on March 10, 2012, 09:42:12 AM
No love for Di Resta any more?

Plenty of love for the very fast Di Resta.  I am not a great lover of Force India though, and look forward to his getting a seat in a more established team.  One thing is for sure though, he is a brilliant asset for that team, and with Nico Hulkenberg to race against, it is probably the case that Force India WILL become a force. 
Williams F1 was the first team I supported way back in the days of Alan Jones and Carlos Reutemann, and I have always had a soft spot for 'em.  Also, I am a mighty admirer of Frank Williams too.  Frank Williams built that team in the early days by using public phone boxes and other very basic ground up tecniques. 
Anyway, Di Resta fulfilled all expectations last year and more, but that car he was in did not honour his talent.

springrite

Midway through the race. Other than a bad qualifying run (starting 18th) and some apparent confusion ("What are the blue flags?"), it is like Kimi has never left F-1. Kimi is making Kimi proud!

Opus106

I've been enjoying reading Kimi's interviews. I love it especially when he is asked inane questions, which unfortunately form the majority.

For instance:

Q: How do you feel seeing your former team Ferrari struggling so much?
KR: I don’t care. We try to beat all the teams and they are just one of them. If they do poorly it is bad for them but as we are ahead of them I could not care less. And if they become better than us then it’s a sign that we have to improve.

Why can't other stars be like him and rid themselves of PR managers?
Regards,
Navneeth

springrite

Got to love Kimi!

With the grid penalty, he starts 9th just behind Alonso. That could present a problem which he has to overcome, Alonso being probably the best driver out there, even with a lesser car this season.

Opus106

Quote from: springrite on March 24, 2012, 08:43:59 AM
Got to love Kimi!

With the grid penalty, he starts 9th just behind Alonso. That could present a problem which he has to overcome, Alonso being probably the best driver out there, even with a lesser car this season.

10th, actually. But at least he's closer to the front of the grid compared to the last race, so we can expect some Kimi action early on tomorrow.
Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

A new experience for Seb: a challenge for the lead during mid-race! It's great to see Vettel and Kimi battle at the top.
Regards,
Navneeth

springrite

Quote from: Opus106 on April 22, 2012, 05:10:51 AM
A new experience for Seb: a challenge for the lead during mid-race! It's great to see Vettel and Kimi battle at the top.

Holding my breath...

Go Kimi!

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

springrite

Quote from: Opus106 on April 22, 2012, 05:24:50 AM
Daddy, why is your face so blue?

;D

..and turning purple as we speak!

Opus106

:D

Just about 10 minutes to go.
Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich

I watched a re-run of the Chinese race. I keep looking for an excuse not to watch F1, as it's one of the few sports I still spend any time on, but it keeps surprising me. This was one of the most racey weekends I can recall having seen, and despite the usual inevitable winner from halfway through, there was so much overtaking in the pack behind. The new regulations are proving to be wonderful and successful ideas.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.