What are you listening 2 now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, September 23, 2019, 05:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS (+ 1 Hidden) and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Que

Quote from: DaveF on Today at 12:36:10 AMAshamed to say I haven't listened to the disc yet :-[

Hope you find the time, it's very much worth it. :)

pjme

Quote from: Irons on June 03, 2024, 11:39:08 PMWould get the pulse racing if coming across that issue in the pre-loved vinyl bins.
Yes!
I remember the recording in this format:

Now listening to

Konzertmusik - fabulous!

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

AnotherSpin

steve ridgway

Stravinsky: The Rite Of Spring (another CD reissue but I like to tag my files with older artwork).

DaveF

Quote from: Que on Today at 12:50:25 AMHope you find the time, it's very much worth it. :)
Ah, yes, have just started volume 1 (also in the 'In' pile) - their Aultre Venus is truly heartbreaking, a good corrective to Cut Circle's lusty bellowing, whose Venus sounds like a no-nonsense sort of gal leaning out of a window about 20 floors up.
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Traverso

Bach

Back to these beautiful cantatas....

Que

Quote from: DaveF on Today at 03:18:54 AMAh, yes, have just started volume 1 (also in the 'In' pile) - their Aultre Venus is truly heartbreaking, a good corrective to Cut Circle's lusty bellowing, whose Venus sounds like a no-nonsense sort of gal leaning out of a window about 20 floors up.

;D

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Linz

Mozart Clarinet Concerto, K622, Gervase De Peyer London Symphony Orchestra, Peter Maag and Sinfonia. concertante, K364, Igor Oistrakh and David Oistrakh, Moscow Philharmoni Orchestra, Kyril Kondrashin 

VonStupp

Franz Berwald
Reminiscence of the Norwegian Mountains
Queen of Golconda: Overture
Serious and Joyful Fancies
Konzertstück for Bassoon
Elfenspiel
Foot-race

Patrik Håkansson, bassoon
Gävle SO - Petri Sakari

Light, pleasant music making; not much more, not any less.
VS

Norwegian Valley, Johan Christian Dahl
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Florestan