Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilas Pastia

Haha, it's sold already. I'm listening to a copy I made long time ago before parting with it. Curiously it's the Gudmundsen-Holgreen piece I like best ??? Maybe because it features othe instruments than the percussions.

Do you mean to tell me seriously that there are more versions of the Xenakis out there? Holy Moly, J'aurai tout vu!

petrarch

Quote from: André on July 22, 2012, 05:57:27 AM
Do you mean to tell me seriously that there are more versions of the Xenakis out there? Holy Moly, J'aurai tout vu!

The official discography page lists 14 recordings of Psappha...
//p
The music collection.
The hi-fi system: Esoteric X-03SE -> Pathos Logos -> Analysis Audio Amphitryon.
A view of the whole

Lilas Pastia

:o. I can understand the interest from percussion groups. Other than that... What do you find interesting in it?

Ataraxia

Cold Turkey Month! Where no one here buys any recordings for a whole month! You will be forced to listen to what you already own!! THE HORROR!!! THE HORROR!!!

October.

springrite

Quote from: MN Dave on August 02, 2012, 09:09:51 AM
Cold Turkey Month! Where no one here buys any recordings for a whole month! You will be forced to listen to what you already own!! THE HORROR!!! THE HORROR!!!

October.

That will only happen if GMG commits a "Heaven's Gate"...
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

mc ukrneal

October.
I do this all the time during the summer. It has been over a month since my last purchase even now. I haven't dissolved into nothingness just yet! :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Ataraxia

Quote from: mc ukrneal on August 03, 2012, 11:10:06 AM
I do this all the time during the summer. It has been over a month since my last purchase even now. I haven't dissolved into nothingness just yet! :)

Okay, October. Get your buy on now while you can.

North Star

No, No, No!!!
Not October!
That's when I have the next opportunity to spend money, what with the birthday money & student benefits!
Let's just not buy anything until October, so everyone's happy, OK?
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Gurn Blanston

October is also one of MY favorite buying months.... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 03, 2012, 01:11:37 PM
Oh, forget it!
Hey, I'll do it! But then I just went 8 months without ordering CDs, so I'm not really a CDCDCD victim.

Ataraxia

Quote from: Brian on August 03, 2012, 01:51:10 PM
Hey, I'll do it! But then I just went 8 months without ordering CDs, so I'm not really a CDCDCD victim.

You get 'em free, cheater.

Opus106

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on August 03, 2012, 01:10:40 PM
October is also one of MY favorite buying months.... :-\

8)

Hm, do you really have a month which is not a favourite? :P ;) Give us a solid reasoning like North Star did.  $:)
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

snyprrr

snyprrr

Just to Update

Since my successful Liszt binge (where I tried to get only cds for $5,... fairly successful ;D) I have pretty well been able to convince myself that I have moved on to other pursuits.

I still have the Pollini Late Beethoven that I'm schlepping on, and I've gotten myself into a little 'Le Sacre' orgy (still keeping it to @$5) that I'm nurturing, but, beyond that, the 'next' giant rabbithole in front of me is the CRI/New World catalog, which, seriously, is just a pathetic CDCDCD ploy,... I mean, really,... I could really care less about the minions on 3rd rate US Composers, but, I'm a sucker for the cheese, sooo,... JUST IN CASE the CDCDCD hits me, I have over a 1000 cds for mere PENNIES that I can indulge myself in. When you knowingly and gleefully are buying the crap just to satisfy your yearning for The New, THEN you have overcome!!

Stay thirty, my friends!

And I mean, stay THIRTY, haha!!

The new erato

October.
There's no connection between buying and listening, at least shortterm. With the backlog of most people here, in any given month people don't listen to what they buy that month.