New cellphones I bought!

Started by Harry, June 29, 2007, 03:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Would like some input from you guys if possible!
Thanks!

Harry

And this one!

71 dB

You bought them both?  ??? :o

Those must have cost over 1000 euros total!

I can't undertand how people can put so much money into phones! I recently bought a 46 euros Nokia 1112 to replace my 6 years old Nokia 3210. It's small, light and practical. I don't understand why people need this N95 monster...
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Harry

Quote from: 71 dB on June 29, 2007, 04:10:08 AM
You bought them both?  ??? :o

Those must have cost over 1000 euros total!

I can't undertand how people can put so much money into phones! I recently bought a 46 euros Nokia 1112 to replace my 6 years old Nokia 3210. It's small, light and practical. I don't understand why people need this N95 monster...

Yes I bought them both for my work my friend, and yes the total cost was about 1800 euros.
Work related!

71 dB

Quote from: Harry on June 29, 2007, 04:17:00 AM
Yes I bought them both for my work my friend, and yes the total cost was about 1800 euros.
Work related!

Well, I hope they are worth the price!

Mark

At least you didn't bother with the latest over-hyped garbage from Apple: the imaginatively named iPhone. How do those guys come up with those product names? Total genius. ::)

Harry

Quote from: Mark on June 29, 2007, 04:33:51 AM
At least you didn't bother with the latest over-hyped garbage from Apple: the imaginatively named iPhone. How do those guys come up with those product names? Total genius. ::)

That's a crap playtoy for people that have enough waste money.
I needed trustworthy phones, and with the N 95 they have a winner, its the best on the market.
The E 90 I bought because of the large keyboard inside, that allows me to typ very quickly.

Harry

71 dB

How do those guys come up with those product names? Total genius. ::)

It's called iNgenuity.

orbital

We'll see today  8) If it can deliver what it claims, the technology is quite advanced IMO. For now, noone knows for sure how (and if) they overcame the shortcomings of regular touch screens (pale resolution, very prone to breaking down). What it can (again if indeed can) do, I must admit, is pretty impressive.

Mozart

Here is my input, they look fancier than the fancy ketchup on prince charles hot dog.

** make a grey poop on joke out of that

Harry

Quote from: Mozart on June 29, 2007, 05:17:10 AM
Here is my input, they look fancier than the fancy ketchup on prince charles hot dog.

** make a grey poop on joke out of that

Charles is a vegetarian you dude! ;D

Mark

Quote from: orbital on June 29, 2007, 05:13:37 AM
We'll see today  8) If it can deliver what it claims, the technology is quite advanced IMO. For now, noone knows for sure how (and if) they overcame the shortcomings of regular touch screens (pale resolution, very prone to breaking down). What it can (again if indeed can) do, I must admit, is pretty impressive.

Even if it can't do what it claims, it has an 'i' in front of its name, and it's made by Apple. It'll sell in its millions.

Szykneij

The "smaller is better" mentality of producing cell phones drives me crazy. When someone makes one with a keypad large enough for my thumbs, I'll be a happy man.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

orbital

Quote from: Mark on June 29, 2007, 05:35:17 AM
Even if it can't do what it claims, it has an 'i' in front of its name, and it's made by Apple. It'll sell in its millions.
Don't forget the employment opportunities iPhone opened up  0:)
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/361957300.html

Mark

Quote from: orbital on June 29, 2007, 06:02:58 AM
Don't forget the employment opportunities iPhone opened up  0:)
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/361957300.html

Wow! He can get you not one, but TWO* iPhones!!!! He's a god! ;D

*The maximum any one customer can buy at a store in a single visit.

orbital

Quote from: Mark on June 29, 2007, 06:06:11 AM
Wow! He can get you not one, but TWO* iPhones!!!! He's a god! ;D

Probably most people think they can buy one :D

AS for me, my cellphone was broken for the last month or so. The microphone died basically, and it did not bother me at all. Then three days ago my cell phone provider called me up at work and said "You seem to be not using any of your minutes. Is there something wrong?" I said my cellphone mic was broken but I could still receive calls and send messages if something urgent came up and that it was OK. But they said "No way, we are sending you a replacement phone right away!"  :-\

Mozart

Quote from: Harry on June 29, 2007, 05:30:12 AM
Charles is a vegetarian you dude! ;D

I know that, I just meant that he likes to shampoo his wiener dog in warm ketchup! Its good for the hair.

mahlertitan

dude, what's your problem with Apple? I think iPHone is going to be a huge hit, not because of the name "iphone", but have you actually SEEN iphone, and all its functions? don't bad mouth some products just because you have some strange resentment toward Apple.

iPhone is amazing, don't criticize it if you haven't even use it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Mark

MT, if that very same phone with the exact same specification had been released by some completely unknown (but perfectly technologically capable) Korean or Eastern European manufacturer, very few people would touch it. It would be the same unit, but it wouldn't have the cool factor that some very clever marketing has bestowed upon the Apple brand. Now don't get me wrong: much kudos to the marketeers - they did their job and did it well. What I object to is the fanboy cult that surrounds a big brand like Apple. At the end of the day, they make computer-based products and sell compressed digital music. So do loads of other firms. But the way some people worship everything by Steve Jobs and his boys borders on a cult.

If you like their products and they work for you (they don't for me - and yes, I have tried them), great. In my experience, the minute you level any kind of criticism at some die-hard Mac users, they tear strips off of you and say you're living in la-la land. It's a f**king computer, for Christ's sake! And having a pop at PCs doesn't make Macs any better. That's just a cheap, lazy argument.

Rant over. Nothing personal, you understand? ;)