Objective review of Republican candidates for President

Started by Todd, August 13, 2011, 07:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

I will exclude candidates like Gary Johnson, Fred Karger, Andy Martin, and all similar less than no names.  (It's just too much work to include them).  So, here we go:

Nuts.

Who?

Ha, good one!

May the best hair win.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Lethevich

A dumb question - despite Sarah Palin coming across as too cowardly to announce anything in case she fails miserably, doesn't the fact that she has campaign busses mean that she is campaigning for the nomination, even if it's not official?
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Todd

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on August 13, 2011, 08:04:11 AMA dumb question - despite Sarah Palin coming across as too cowardly to announce anything in case she fails miserably, doesn't the fact that she has campaign busses mean that she is campaigning for the nomination, even if it's not official?

Possibly, but I doubt it.  She may be angling for another VP slot.  Imagine Perry and Palin, or rather, Right and Righter.  She clearly loves the limelight and she enjoys making lots of money, so she may just be a gadfly for a while before returning to her TV home.  That's a good place for her.

DavidW

I think that's true (edit: the original post).  If pressed to vote I might go for holy underpants guy over TX jesus freak. :D

Coopmv

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on August 13, 2011, 08:04:11 AM
A dumb question - despite Sarah Palin coming across as too cowardly to announce anything in case she fails miserably, doesn't the fact that she has campaign busses mean that she is campaigning for the nomination, even if it's not official?

Sarah Palin is such a light weight that I only wish she goes away.  Who needs a former IRS tax attorney like Michelle Bachmann to be another contender ...

Herman

Who's the guy you want to have a beer with?

This may well be up to the Supreme Crt.

2012 turnout will be abysmally low, since all those people excited about Bammy won't turn up this time, and I suspect B. will be a one-termer.

However sad that is, he's got himself to blame for it.

The US is in a tailspin that's virtually impossible to set right.

Todd

Quote from: Herman on August 13, 2011, 11:20:07 AMWho's the guy you want to have a beer with?

Not a fair question with two Mormons in the race.

Josquin des Prez

There's hardly any real conservative in the republican party. Ron Paul was the best one they had last time around and he was pretty much shunned by the entire party, probably because he was the only honest one in the lot. Doubt he will run again. The american right is a joke and has been for as long as i can remember.

Todd

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 13, 2011, 02:23:15 PMRon Paul was the best one they had last time around and he was pretty much shunned by the entire party, probably because he was the only honest one in the lot. Doubt he will run again.

Ron Paul is a doofus who doesn't know anything about economic policy - especially monetary policy - or foreign policy or domestic policy.  That's why he was shunned and is not, and cannot be, taken seriously.  He's in the running right now, though perhaps he will drop out.  No loss.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Todd on August 13, 2011, 02:33:02 PM

Ron Paul is a doofus who doesn't know anything about economic policy - especially monetary policy - or foreign policy or domestic policy.  That's why he was shunned and is not, and cannot be, taken seriously.  He's in the running right now, though perhaps he will drop out.  No loss.

Now I know how the Dems felt when they only had Al Gore or John Kerry to vote for... :-\

8)

----------------
Now playing:
New Dusseldorf Hofmusik / Utiger   Christine Schornsheim - Hob 18 01 Concerto in C for Organ 1st mvmt - Moderato
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Josquin des Prez

Quote from: Todd on August 13, 2011, 02:33:02 PM

Ron Paul is a doofus who doesn't know anything about economic policy - especially monetary policy - or foreign policy or domestic policy.

As opposed to the geniuses that nearly ran the entire economy to the ground while the nation is being swept by unchecked mass immigration. Those are the people we ought to trust, right?

Todd

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 13, 2011, 02:50:59 PMAs opposed to the geniuses that nearly ran the entire economy to the ground while the nation is being swept by unchecked mass immigration. Those are the people we ought to trust, right?

Here's the thing, you supporting Paul is hardly a ringing endorsement or validation of the quality of his ideas.  You can try to deflect, but that doesn't change the fact that's he's a fruitcake.

Josquin des Prez

Quote from: Todd on August 13, 2011, 03:01:28 PM

Here's the thing, you supporting Paul is hardly a ringing endorsement or validation of the quality of his ideas.  You can try to deflect, but that doesn't change the fact that's he's a fruitcake.

When the nation is being swept by abject insanity, its understandable that reasonable ideas might appear to be actually crazy to the crazies. 

Todd

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 13, 2011, 03:04:13 PMWhen the nation is being swept by abject insanity, its understandable that reasonable ideas might appear to be actually crazy to the crazies.

Your many posts show quite clearly that you are incapable of forming a reasonable opinion or knowing one when you run across it.

Josquin des Prez

Quote from: Todd on August 13, 2011, 03:06:12 PM

Your many posts show quite clearly that you are incapable of forming a reasonable opinion or knowing one when you run across it.

Says the man who's entire line of argument rests on petty personal insults.

Todd

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 13, 2011, 03:07:48 PMSays the man who's entire line of argument rests on petty personal insults.

Not petty insults.  Honest observations.

DavidW

Well Bachmann won the straw poll... a clear sign that she's too extreme to win the election. >:D

Brian

I just want to say, as a Texan who has already voted against Rick Perry once, I consider it my civic duty - nay, a moral requirement of my allegiance with my fellow man - to continue voting against Rick Perry for as long as is necessary.

Bulldog

Quote from: Brian on August 13, 2011, 03:55:59 PM
I just want to say, as a Texan who has already voted against Rick Perry once, I consider it my civic duty - nay, a moral requirement of my allegiance with my fellow man - to continue voting against Rick Perry for as long as is necessary.

I know very little about Perry.  Why the negativity?

ibanezmonster

I seriously doubt I'm going to like any of them enough to vote... again.