On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonfish

Quote from: Harry's on January 17, 2015, 06:30:36 AM
And as a extra, there are things one should not do when ordering cd's. In approx ten times 50% of the credit card payments gets mixed up.
Say they have free postage, which they do once a month. Say you order a few CD'S and think that's it. But suddenly you see this incredible bargain, and you add it extra on your already ordered cd's which you also paid for already. Then their might be a problem. Sometimes they will charge you again the first amount you paid already again and the new one on top of that. This situation landed me in a credit card charge of almost 400 euro's while I ordered only for 180 euros. And since JPC gave the money part into the hands of another firm, its no use complaining to them. They will tell you contact your bank, we cannot help you. And when I did, they threw me out of JPC because I ordered the bank to take my money back, which was completely legal. I just figured it out that I spend about 40.000 euro's of my money with JPC over a few years, and this was my reward.
Be warned then.

It sounds like JPC needs to implement a system that tracks outstanding customers and give them customer service accordingly (i.e. stellar service in your case). Such fools to lose a customer like you!
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Harry

Quote from: Moonfish on January 17, 2015, 11:43:19 AM
It sounds like JPC needs to implement a system that tracks outstanding customers and give them customer service accordingly (i.e. stellar service in your case). Such fools to lose a customer like you!

Thank you, yes it rather was. They did not see sense though. :(
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Artem

Has anyone who buys from the Canadian amazon noticed a significant increase in prices for CDs?

Cato

I was unsure where to place this, and hated to start a separate topic.

The last classical music shop for scores and sheet music in New York City is closing, done in by the Internet.

Frank Music has been struggling for years, as music became readily available online, said Heidi Rogers, the shop's owner.

"We went from seeing 15 to 20 people per day to seeing two or three," Ms. Rogers said on Monday. "I went from feeling like I was at the center of the world to feeling invisible."...

The store's celebrity clients over the years have included pianists Emanuel Ax and Jeremy Denk, violinist Pamela Frank and cellist David Finckel.

One of Ms. Rogers's favorite memories is a telephone call from the violinist Itzhak Perlman , asking for Kreisler scores.

The composer Bruce Adolphe, who is resident lecturer at the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, described the store as a musical meeting ground.

"Frank's Music was not just a store but a crucible," he said, "a nexus where musicians from Suzuki beginners and their parents, to Joshua Bell, or the Brentano's Mark Steinberg, would meet by chance."

See:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nycs-last-classical-sheet-music-store-to-close-1425345520?mod=trending_now_1
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Daverz

With the Euro under $US1.10, what are some of the best online Eurozone CD stores?

I've been working on a JPC order, but they are still not very good for full price items.

Daverz

Quote from: The new erato on March 18, 2015, 01:19:53 AM
For me; prestoclassical.co.uk

Yeah, I use Presto a lot (actually I use their download service the most) but I wanted to take advantage of the drop in the Euro against the dollar.  I guess I'll try Amazon.fr.

Harry

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

The new erato

Quote from: Daverz on March 18, 2015, 01:52:56 AM
Yeah, I use Presto a lot (actually I use their download service the most) but I wanted to take advantage of the drop in the Euro against the dollar.  I guess I'll try Amazon.fr.
I oversaw your Euro point. The only Euro shops I use are the three amazons (fr, it, and es) as well as jpc. Continental webshops (eg FNAC etc) usually have frightening P&P, evne to Norway. Those I mentioned are OK.

mc ukrneal

RIP Crotchet. Got an email today that the owners retired and the place is closing shop. They are recommeding Presto in their email.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

The new erato

Quote from: mc ukrneal on May 08, 2015, 09:10:57 AM
RIP Crotchet. Got an email today that the owners retired and the place is closing shop. They are recommeding Presto in their email.
Nostalgia sets in. Haven't used them online for some time, but they were my main dealer in the 90ies when offers came in per photocopyed pages in monthly envelopes, and orders were sent by fax. I think my relationship with them goes back tp LP days.

flyingdutchman

So I wonder when Berkshire Record Outlet will finally come back.  They said mid June first and now it's almost August.  They've got to come back soon I hope.

Moonfish

Quote from: flyingdutchman on July 27, 2015, 07:05:29 PM
So I wonder when Berkshire Record Outlet will finally come back.  They said mid June first and now it's almost August.  They've got to come back soon I hope.

I guess they have plenty of cds to move..!   ;)   I wish they would post an estimate of when they will open up on their website.
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Que

Quote from: flyingdutchman on July 27, 2015, 07:05:29 PM

I am planning a trip to the US, so it would be nice if BRO is back by that time.  :)

Though my euro doesn't buy me much anymore... ??? :P

Q

HIPster

Better late than never!

BRO seems to be open for business again!   :)

https://broinc.com/
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

Ken B

I ordered a bunch of stuff from jpc on July 15. I am still waiting.

Mookalafalas

Remember when we all ordered the Vaughan-Williams from Italian Amazon? Still haven't gotten mine :'(
It's all good...

North Star

Quote from: Mookalafalas on September 05, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
Remember when we all ordered the Vaughan-Williams from Italian Amazon? Still haven't gotten mine :'(
Well that is strange. I assume you've told them about this? I got mine pretty soon IIRC.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Mookalafalas

Quote from: North Star on September 06, 2015, 07:31:17 AM
Well that is strange. I assume you've told them about this? I got mine pretty soon IIRC.

Yeah, I told them and they said they'd do something.  And then I just told them again and they said I'd hear back in 3 days--which are pretty much up :-\
   I'm not that worried about it.  I didn't spend much and actually found the set online.  I'll see what happens 8)
It's all good...

North Star

Quote from: Mookalafalas on September 06, 2015, 07:35:52 AM
  Yeah, I told them and they said they'd do something.  And then I just told them again and they said I'd hear back in 3 days--which are pretty much up :-\
   I'm not that worried about it.  I didn't spend much and actually found the set online.  I'll see what happens 8)
Oh for heaven's sake don't order it before you hear back from them. It is Sunday, you should just email them again tomorrow if they don't email you first.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr