Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GioCar

Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on October 09, 2016, 12:27:31 AM
Sorry for the red flag, I'll be staying (I wasn't planning to go permanently) but I may disappear now and again.

You know, as a human. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and have really bad days/weeks. My personal life has been a deadly roller-coaster lately (no I don't do drugs). I think the best thing to do sometimes is go for a long walk  ;)

Gio, Karl, Jessop, Petr, etc. I'm still here friends!
;D

(and working on a piano Concerto, orchestral suite and numerous cycles!)

I have already seen you around again ;)
Yes, a long walk does work most of the times...

Senta

Was quite amused to find this thread, and see a mention - thanks for thinking of me!!

(I used to have another Wagner name ;) after I switched away from my given name on GMG)

I have been a lurker at times and keep up with several of you on the book of faces!

Back when I used to post all the time I was finishing school, but since then in the past 5 yrs I've moved, gotten a pretty busy job, and then got married..so got out of the habit of forum posting.

Now things feel more settled I may have time now and then to pop in, I feel the itch to write about music again and also could use the GMG impetus to listen to more new pieces and composers ;)

In the meantime, I have spent time with a little bit of everything musically (went on a huge blues/funk kick for a while), enjoyed a lot of different live music as well!

Anyway - glad to be back! You know it's been a long time when you start forgetting who on Facebook belonged to what names on GMG..

Been thoroughly enjoying catching up on threads, but was very sad to hear Iago had passed away :( He will be missed!

Que

Greta:)

Wow, that brings back some good memories.... A very warm welcome back! :)

Q

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Hi there, Santa! It seems we don't know each other, but I'm looking forward to reading more posts from you. :) That Stravinsky concert you posted about recently sound amazing!!!

Que

Quote from: jessop on October 15, 2016, 02:00:29 AM
Hi there, Santa! It seems we don't know each other, but I'm looking forward to reading more posts from you. :) That Stravinsky concert you posted about recently sound amazing!!!

The lady's forum name is Senta.....  :D after the character from Wagner's Flying Dutchman...

Hope you visit is more often than once in every seven years, Senta!  8)

Q

North Star

Do stick around, Greta.

Quote from: Que on October 15, 2016, 02:17:49 AM
The lady's forum name is Senta.....  :D after the character from Wagner's Flying Dutchman...

Q
Well, Santa was clause enough, I suppose.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Que on October 15, 2016, 02:17:49 AM

Q
Lol this is what happens when I type on my phone and autocracy does its wonders

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: jessop on October 15, 2016, 02:39:27 AM
By 'autocracy' I meant 'autocorrect'

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Que

Quote from: jessop on October 15, 2016, 02:39:27 AM

I know... it's automated oppression.  :D
Turns people's names into offence words, and you press "send" without realising it...happened to me many times over...

Well, as long as it's not my boss.... 8)

Q

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

The new erato

I thought you meant autocrazy.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

I really miss my buddies Ray (ChamberNut) and Daniel (MadAboutMahler) right now. :(

Harry

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 18, 2016, 06:29:02 AM
I really miss my buddies Ray (ChamberNut) and Daniel (MadAboutMahler) right now. :(

Yes Ray has been a long time now. As I said before we both share a fanatical love for ballet music, and there are not many around with which you can share such devotion.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Mirror Image

I miss Peter (Moonfish). :(

Ken B

Anyone seen the Mookster, Mookalafalas, recently?

Mirror Image

Each time I visit this thread, I'm reminded of this Moody Blues song:

https://www.youtube.com/v/cjImFYf2Vzc

mahler10th

I am no longer missing, not that anyone noticed someone missing who is always missing.  Got a message from Scarpia which has inspired me to have a rummage around here again.  Please don't say welcome back or anything, because as you know I come back then disappear within 24 hours..  Things have changed in my life giving me more focus.  I might last a wee bit longer, regardless...  :-)