Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The new erato

Quote from: Scots John on October 31, 2016, 08:11:59 AM
I am no longer missing, not that anyone noticed someone missing who is always missing.  Got a message from Scarpia which has inspired me to have a rummage around here again.  Please don't say welcome back or anything, because as you know I come back then disappear within 24 hours..  Things have changed in my life giving me more focus.  I might last a wee bit longer, regardless...  :-)
Nice!

Karl Henning

I am no longer missing, not that anyone noticed someone missing who is always missing.  Got a message from Scarpia which has inspired me to have a rummage around here again.  Please don't say welcome back or anything, because as you know I come back then disappear within 24 hours..  Things have changed in my life giving me more focus.  I might last a wee bit longer, regardless...  :-)

We noticed you were missing, please notice.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Wanderer

I am no longer missing...

Keep it that way. And what an inspired avatar choice!  8)

Mirror Image

This isn't a 'hello' but merely a 'goodbye'. ;) Good to see you around again, Johnny Boy. We've missed you here.

North Star

Hi John!
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Parsifal

Good to see you back. I seem to recall that last time you said you were going to listen to some Schoenberg, and that was the last you were heard from for many a year. Better give it a wide berth.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Scarpia on October 31, 2016, 12:38:23 PM
Good to see you back. I seem to recall that last time you said you were going to listen to some Schoenberg, and that was the last you were heard from for many a year. Better give it a wide berth.

Spooky!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Scots John on October 31, 2016, 08:11:59 AMPlease don't say welcome back or anything, because as you know I come back then disappear within 24 hours..

You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

mahler10th

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on November 01, 2016, 04:27:04 AM
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
Sarge

Groan...  :-[

Thanks all!

Mirror Image

I haven't seen Monkey Greg (Greg Moeller) in awhile. I hope he's doing okay.

(poco) Sforzando

I miss my good buddy Nate EigenUser.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Mirror Image

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on November 07, 2016, 05:30:25 PM
I miss my good buddy Nate EigenUser.

Yes! It's not unusual for Nate to take a break, though. I do wish he'd return as he'd have a ball conversing with Jessop and ThatFabulousAlien. :)

Parsifal

The eve of the election and Todd has not resurfaced?!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on November 07, 2016, 05:36:49 PM
Yes, Nathanb is awesome!! He's like my Stockhausen guru  8)

Umm...he's the biggest Messiaen freak here. It is in this area which I think both of you will get along famously. Wait a minute...Nathanb isn't EigenUser is he? ???

Mirror Image

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2016, 05:38:21 PM
Umm...he's the biggest Messiaen freak here. It is in this area which I think both of you will get along famously. Wait a minute...Nathanb isn't EigenUser is he? ???

I don't believe so. My Nate Eigenuser is Nate Giguère, the engineering student - violinist - powerlifter from Delaware. And such a charming young guy to talk to in person.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Mirror Image

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on November 07, 2016, 06:12:05 PM
I don't believe so. My Nate Eigenuser is Nate Giguère, the engineering student - violinist - powerlifter from Delaware. And such a charming young guy to talk to in person.

Yep, that's the Nate I'm thinking of.

Brian

Nathanb is from Dallas! Oddly, I've met the other Nate.

P.S. Scarpia, I think Todd is involved in some sort of job with highly seasonal busy periods - he was away from GMG during the early winter & holidays last year, too, and told me it was for work.

nathanb

People were kind of sort of talking about me <3 <3 <3

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: nathanb on January 06, 2017, 07:07:42 PM
People were kind of sort of talking about me <3 <3 <3
PLEASE STAY FOREVER you are an inspiration to me