Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nathanb

Quote from: jessop on January 07, 2017, 05:51:16 PM
PLEASE STAY FOREVER you are an inspiration to me

Honestly I didn't ever leave with intent, I just kinda got distracted for a while by.... some things.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: nathanb on January 07, 2017, 08:51:20 PM
Honestly I didn't ever leave with intent, I just kinda got distracted for a while by.... some things.
What things?

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brian

Quote from: jessop on January 07, 2017, 11:20:38 PM
What things?
Perhaps the rare Dallas snowfall brought Nathan back indoors to his computer.  8)

nathanb

To be honest, my 2nd to last semester of school had me strung out enough that I was pretty much continuously high for the entire month of December. Doing good now though.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: nathanb on January 08, 2017, 08:51:06 PM
To be honest, my 2nd to last semester of school had me strung out enough that I was pretty much continuously high for the entire month of December. Doing good now though.
Well best of luck with everything upcoming!

Mirror Image

I've seen Monkey Greg (Greg Moeller) around in quite some time. I also miss Peter (Moonfish) and ChamberNut (Ray). :(

Brian

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 05, 2017, 08:41:48 PM
I've seen Monkey Greg (Greg Moeller) around in quite some time. I also miss Peter (Moonfish) and ChamberNut (Ray). :(
Greg Moeller just attended the Philip Glass birthday concert in NYC and tweeted a couple pictures from it. He probably just doesn't have time to stop by here at the moment, though his report from that concert would obviously be a fun read.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 05, 2017, 08:41:48 PM

I 'spoke' with Greg just yesterday, he was bemoaning the fact that his Jets weren't in the Super Bowl. He be otay... ;)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Brian on February 06, 2017, 08:12:15 AM
Greg Moeller just attended the Philip Glass birthday concert in NYC and tweeted a couple pictures from it. He probably just doesn't have time to stop by here at the moment, though his report from that concert would obviously be a fun read.
I can't wait to hear YOUR thoughts on the new Glass symphony. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on February 06, 2017, 08:12:15 AM

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on February 06, 2017, 08:24:40 AM
I 'spoke' with Greg just yesterday, he was bemoaning the fact that his Jets weren't in the Super Bowl. He be otay... ;)

8)

Okay, thanks guys. 8)

Christo

Quote from: jessop on February 06, 2017, 01:12:17 PMI can't wait to hear YOUR thoughts on the new Glass symphony. :)
:D
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Sergeant Rock

Bogey (Bill) has been inactive for two months. Anyone heard from him?

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 12, 2017, 12:06:41 PM
Bogey (Bill) has been inactive for two months. Anyone heard from him?

Sarge

Damn, you're right. I haven't seen Bill in quite some time. I hope he and his family are okay.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 12, 2017, 12:58:40 PM
Damn, you're right. I haven't seen Bill in quite some time. I hope he and his family are okay.
Me too.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Another member I've been lamenting for quite some time has been Octave. A really enthusiastic personality with a love for exploring more unknown repertoire.

North Star

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 23, 2017, 06:06:02 AM
Another member I've been lamenting for quite some time has been Octave. A really enthusiastic personality with a love for exploring more unknown repertoire.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Que

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 23, 2017, 06:06:02 AM

Quote from: North Star on February 23, 2017, 06:08:47 AM

I agree, I hope he'll return some day.....

Q

PotashPie

A new member named "alanwaston" mysteriously disappeared along with the thread he plagiarized from another site, "Approaches to Harmony" or something.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: millionrainbows on February 24, 2017, 02:28:30 PM
A new member named "alanwaston" mysteriously disappeared along with the thread he plagiarized from another site, "Approaches to Harmony" or something.

Nothing mysterious about it: I disappeared him and his thread too.

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)