Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 19, 2019, 09:11:41 AM
I have no idea why he left but it is indeed regrettable. I thoroughly enjoy his unique posts. Going to miss him.

Sarge

His posts certainly were both unique and most enjoyable. They are one of the first things that I look out for when I log in. His departure is most regrettable indeed Sarge.

Harry

Quote from: aligreto on July 19, 2019, 09:17:37 AM
His posts certainly were both unique and most enjoyable. They are one of the first things that I look out for when I log in. His departure is most regrettable indeed Sarge.

There was no indication that something was wrong. Maybe as before he will return. Could be a few pints too much, and mouse tracking wasn't so steady, and clicked the wrong buttons. I am confident that he returns. I appreciated him on many levels
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

aligreto

Quote from: "Harry" on July 19, 2019, 09:21:46 AM
There was no indication that something was wrong. Maybe as before he will return. Could be a few pints too much, and mouse tracking wasn't so steady, and clicked the wrong buttons. I am confident that he returns. I appreciated him on many levels

Hopefully he will return sooner rather than later.

Iota

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 19, 2019, 09:11:41 AM
I thoroughly enjoy his unique posts.

Indeed. Though they are often about music I don't listen to a lot, I always enjoy reading his posts, which seem full of enthusiasm and geniality. I hope all is well.

Florestan

Quote from: aligreto on July 19, 2019, 08:13:15 AM
I have only had sporadic attendance here recently but it would seem that cilgwyn has deleted his account.

Say whaaat?
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Ken B

SymphonicAddict

I don't understand why cilgwyn deleted his account either! Was he offended by anyone? I didn't think anything like that has happened. Does anyone here know him in person? He will sure be back sooner than later, I hope!

SymphonicAddict

I share a great deal of musical tastes with him in many cases, especially when symphonies are concerned, or favorite composers too (Mahler, Tubin, Bax, Nielsen, Beethoven, Respighi, Langgaard, Vaughan Williams, Dvorák, Lloyd, Kalinnikov, Glière, Sibelius, Brian, Shostakovich, Suk, Novák, Pizzetti, Arnold, Bantock, Holmboe, well, many! And we also know some of the most loved symphonies, and so on, I guess  :-\

SymphonicAddict

I don't wanna to lost more members on this forum! I hope, at least, these members don't do that! Please. Ok, I'm kidding you know what I mean, don't you?

kyjo

Quote from: aligreto on July 19, 2019, 08:13:15 AM
I have only had sporadic attendance here recently but it would seem that cilgwyn has deleted his account. Have I missed something? This is a most regrettable development if this is the case.

Oh dear, that is most concerning. I've always enjoyed his contributions here... :(
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

kyjo

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on July 19, 2019, 05:09:43 PM
I don't wanna to lost more members on this forum! I hope, at least, these members don't do that! Please. Ok, I'm kidding you know what I mean, don't you?

Indeed, we've lost one too many members recently...
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

aligreto

Quote from: Iota on July 19, 2019, 11:33:03 AM
Indeed. Though they are often about music I don't listen to a lot, I always enjoy reading his posts, which seem full of enthusiasm and geniality. I hope all is well.

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on July 19, 2019, 03:44:07 PM
I don't understand why cilgwyn deleted his account either! Was he offended by anyone? I didn't think anything like that has happened. Does anyone here know him in person? He will sure be back sooner than later, I hope!

Quote from: kyjo on July 19, 2019, 08:33:00 PM
Oh dear, that is most concerning. I've always enjoyed his contributions here... :(

A most genial and amusing person indeed. He will be a big loss.

vandermolen

That's very bad news indeed and a bit of a shock to be honest. I really enjoyed the banter between us and his posts full of contextual information. I can't think of any reason why he would be upset and hope he is ok. What with John (MI) no longer posting (I hope he'll come back but somehow doubt it in view of what happened) that is a double blow for me and many others I'm sure.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Quote from: kyjo on July 19, 2019, 08:33:00 PM

Aye.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: vandermolen on July 20, 2019, 04:17:57 AM
That's very bad news indeed and a bit of a shock to be honest. I really enjoyed the banter between us and his posts full of contextual information. I can't think of any reason why he would be upset and hope he is ok.

Since you engaged with him as much or more than anyone here, I had hoped you would know the reason he left us...and give us some hope for his return.

Sarge

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Florestan

That's very bad news indeed and a bit of a shock to be honest. I really enjoyed the banter between us and his posts full of contextual information. I can't think of any reason why he would be upset and hope he is ok. What with John (MI) no longer posting (I hope he'll come back but somehow doubt it in view of what happened) that is a double blow for me and many others I'm sure.

Well, John might have had a reason for leaving (although he should have taken into account that there was only one GMG member who treated him like trash, while many others were friendly towards him), but cilgwyn's departure has no apparent reason whatsoever. I do hope they both come back some time.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

aligreto

That's very bad news indeed and a bit of a shock to be honest. I really enjoyed the banter between us and his posts full of contextual information. I can't think of any reason why he would be upset and hope he is ok.

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 20, 2019, 04:53:47 AM
Since you engaged with him as much or more than anyone here, I had hoped you would know the reason he left us...and give us some hope for his return.

Sarge

I rather had the same hope.

vandermolen

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 20, 2019, 04:53:47 AM

Sarge
Unfortunately I have no idea. I remember sending him a PM once before after he had not posted for a long time and received a reassuring reply from him (computer problem). I would do so again but I don't think I can as his account is deleted. That's why its come as a big surprise as I detected nothing out of the ordinary in my or any one else's exchanges with him recently. I hope that maybe he reads these messages, realises how much his unique contributions are missed, and returns again.

Added later: I have sent Cilgwyn a message through the Art-Music Forum.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: Florestan on July 20, 2019, 04:55:16 AM
Well, John might have had a reason for leaving (although he should have taken into account that there was only one GMG member who treated him like trash, while many others were friendly towards him), but cilgwyn's departure has no apparent reason whatsoever. I do hope they both come back some time.
Very much agree Andrei.

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on July 20, 2019, 05:43:46 AM
Unfortunately I have no idea. I remember sending him a PM once before after he had not posted for a long time and received a reassuring reply from him (computer problem). I would do so again but I don't think I can as his account is deleted. That's why it's come as a big surprise as I detected nothing out of the ordinary in my or any one else's exchanges with him recently. I hope that maybe he reads these messages, realises how much his unique contributions are missed, and returns again.

Added later: I have sent Cilgwyn a message through the Art-Music Forum.

Well done Jeffrey.