Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on July 20, 2019, 06:32:27 AM
Well done Jeffrey.
Thank you Fergus.
I'll let everyone here know if I hear anything.

PS you are definitely not allowed to 'disappear' as well!
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on July 20, 2019, 06:34:45 AM

PS you are definitely not allowed to 'disappear' as well!

Fear not Jeffrey; I have no such immediate plans.

André

Quote from: vandermolen on July 20, 2019, 05:43:46 AM
Unfortunately I have no idea. I remember sending him a PM once before after he had not posted for a long time and received a reassuring reply from him (computer problem). I would do so again but I don't think I can as his account is deleted. That's why it's come as a big surprise as I detected nothing out of the ordinary in my or any one else's exchanges with him recently. I hope that maybe he reads these messages, realises how much his unique contributions are missed, and returns again.

Added later: I have sent Cilgwyn a message through the Art-Music Forum.

There, there! I go away for a few days, and look what happens!  ??? I feel the same as everybody else here, puzzlement allied to sadness...

vandermolen

Quote from: André on July 20, 2019, 04:36:41 PM
There, there! I go away for a few days, and look what happens!  ??? I feel the same as everybody else here, puzzlement allied to sadness...
'Puzzlement allied to sadness...' is exactly how I feel about it.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: André on July 20, 2019, 04:36:41 PM

Yes, well said indeed.

Christo

Quote from: vandermolen on July 20, 2019, 04:17:57 AM
That's very bad news indeed and a bit of a shock to be honest. I really enjoyed the banter between us and his posts full of contextual information. I can't think of any reason why he would be upset and hope he is ok. What with John (MI) no longer posting (I hope he'll come back but somehow doubt it in view of what happened) that is a double blow for me and many others I'm sure.
+1
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

vandermolen

No response from cilgwyn to PM (Art-Music Forum). I just hope he is ok. Increasingly mystified by this.  :(

Harry

Quote from: vandermolen on July 23, 2019, 12:57:59 AM
No response from cilgwyn to PM (Art-Music Forum). I just hope he is ok. Increasingly mystified by this.  :(

Well deleting his profile was an active choice, at least it means he is still living. But you never know what is going on in the mind of a person, after all we share classical music, but little else. I want to believe that he will come back, for he had to my mind no reason to leave, and all reasons to stay.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

vandermolen

Quote from: "Harry" on July 23, 2019, 01:06:57 AM
Well deleting his profile was an active choice, at least it means he is still living. But you never know what is going on in the mind of a person, after all we share classical music, but little else. I want to believe that he will come back, for he had to my mind no reason to leave, and all reasons to stay.
Thank you Harry.

Karl Henning

Quote from: "Harry" on July 23, 2019, 01:06:57 AM

Truly.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

aligreto

A truly great loss. He was such an asset to this forum.

HIPster

Quote from: Iota on July 19, 2019, 11:33:03 AM
Indeed. Though they are often about music I don't listen to a lot, I always enjoy reading his posts, which seem full of enthusiasm and geniality. I hope all is well.

I feel the same way. 

Very sorry to see him depart.  :(

Several favorite posters have recently departed unfortunately.

Thank you for reaching out Jeffrey.
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

vandermolen

Quote from: HIPster on July 24, 2019, 06:24:30 AM
I feel the same way. 

Very sorry to see him depart.  :(

Several favorite posters have recently departed unfortunately.

Thank you for reaching out Jeffrey.

And thank you Dave.

Irons

Hmm, I have been away a couple of days myself and come back to find Cilgwyn gone which I find difficult to believe. Like other forum members I enjoyed his posts as they were not only knowledgeable, but more importantly shot through with humour. Doesn't make any sense at all.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Ken B

Anyone been insulted by seen Todd recently?

SymphonicAddict

Quote from: Ken B on July 25, 2019, 08:42:04 PM
Anyone been insulted by seen Todd recently?

Is he an offensive insulting dad? Maybe Brian knows  :P

André

AnthonyAthletic has been missing for a while. Drasko too... :-[

Brian

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on August 02, 2019, 05:16:50 PM
Is he an offensive insulting dad? Maybe Brian knows  :P
Todd works in a business where he pretty frequently has to take multi-month breaks from the forum at certain times of year. He replied to a PM I sent 2-3 weeks after his most recent disappearance, but we haven't been in touch since.

I hope AnthonyAthletic and Drasko return soon!

vandermolen

Quote from: Brian on August 03, 2019, 01:21:54 PM
Todd works in a business where he pretty frequently has to take multi-month breaks from the forum at certain times of year. He replied to a PM I sent 2-3 weeks after his most recent disappearance, but we haven't been in touch since.

I hope AnthonyAthletic and Drasko return soon!

Yes, not to mention Cilgwyn, Mirror Image and Pohjola's Daughter.
:(