Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: (: premont :) on November 25, 2019, 01:57:33 PM
Unexpected to whom? You, I suppose.

BTW welcome back.  :)

I meant it was surprisingly fast.  ;)

Thank you.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

jess

Welcome back, Symphonic Addict!

ritter

Quote from: jess on November 25, 2019, 04:55:32 PM
+1. Good to see Symphonic Addict back as well.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: jess on November 25, 2019, 04:55:32 PM

Quote from: ritter on November 26, 2019, 03:37:27 AM
+1. Good to see Symphonic Addict back as well.

Thank you, sirs! Much appreciated.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Christo

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 26, 2019, 10:40:07 AM
Thank you, sirs! Much appreciated.
The pleasure is entirely ours (we hope).  ;D
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Moonfish

I should delete my account and rejoin. It is clearly a great PR strategy.....      0:)
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Que

Quote from: Moonfish on November 27, 2019, 08:48:09 PM
I should delete my account and rejoin. It is clearly a great PR strategy.....      0:)

I never had a farewell party.... or a welcome back party.... :( 
Let alone several!  :D

Yep, we're clearly doing something wrong...  ::)
It's like staying loyal to the same employer and never getting a promotion... you're just there...

;)

Madiel

Quote from: Moonfish on November 27, 2019, 08:48:09 PM

Nearly did that at one point.

I've considered going back to my original name but the post count will give me away.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Harry

Quote from: Que on November 27, 2019, 10:32:44 PM

It's like staying loyal to the same employer and never getting a promotion... you're just there...

;)

To my knowledge I am seen on GMG like you, You're just there
Aren't we a couple of swells huh? :laugh:
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

prémont

Quote from: "Harry" on November 27, 2019, 11:57:06 PM
To my knowledge I am seen on GMG like you, You're just there
Aren't we a couple of swells huh? :laugh:

Fortunately we have a basic group, whose members have been immensely loyal during many years. Without such a group this site might well become a confusing place. So thanks to Que, Harry and all the others.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Madiel

Lol. Harry isn't on his first account.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

prémont

Quote from: Madiel on November 28, 2019, 01:33:33 AM
Lol. Harry isn't on his first account.

I know, but his periods of absence have been few, so it feels as if he has been here always .
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Gurn Blanston

;)

Todd, Herman & I have been here since Christ was a carpenter in Nazareth. I remember when most of y'all showed up. Like when Karl arrived, I thought 'well, there goes the damned neighborhood...'. :D  I think it's a good strategy to be consistent. Even though it results in having a low profile, there is something to be said for that.  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Cato

;)

I motion and second my motion to promote Que!!!

He is now SIR Que !!!    

Maybe even  Sir Que du Soleil!  ;)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Florestan

Quote from: Cato on November 28, 2019, 06:06:55 AM
I motion and second my motion to promote Que!!!

He is now SIR Que !!!    

Maybe even  Sir Que du Soleil!  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Mirror Image

Leaving and then coming back...leaving and then coming back...etc. --- this has certainly helped my popularity on GMG, although the member NikF wasn't too impressed. :P

Ken B

Quote from: Madiel on November 27, 2019, 11:06:26 PM
Nearly did that at one point.

I've considered going back to my original name but the post count will give me away.

You mean the other guy from the same place with that same avatar and Vagn Holmboe link? We would never have guessed!   :laugh:

kyjo

It is wonderful indeed to see SymphonicAddict back! :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

André

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on November 28, 2019, 05:54:54 AM
Todd, Herman & I have been here since Christ was a carpenter in Nazareth. I remember when most of y'all showed up. Like when Karl arrived, I thought 'well, there goes the damned neighborhood...'. :D  I think it's a good strategy to be consistent. Even though it results in having a low profile, there is something to be said for that.  :)

8)

I was there at the beginning, too, but under a different name. And then I left. And came back. I was less consistent than the Founding Fathers  :D.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Christo on November 27, 2019, 12:39:42 AM
The pleasure is entirely ours (we hope).  ;D

If you say so, it's fine for all of us! Thanks!

Quote from: kyjo on November 28, 2019, 09:01:27 AM
It is wonderful indeed to see SymphonicAddict back! :)

Thank you, Kyle, and thanks for the messages on the another forum.

Noam Chomsky