Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prémont

Quote from: Madiel on November 07, 2020, 12:53:00 PM
On a different note... does anyone have external contact with Papy Oli?

I'm a bit concerned by his abrupt disappearance some weeks ago.

At least he's alive. From his profile:

Date Registered:April 14, 2007, 07:48:41 AM
Local Time:November 07, 2020, 11:22:25 PM
Last Active:Today at 09:31:24 AM
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

The new erato

Tht's good news.

And always nice to see John perform one of his semiannual appearance tricks.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2020, 11:40:22 AM
It really is absurd the amount of time and energy wasted on those games, because, ultimately like any poll here, they don't really prove anything and, if anything, only reinforce our own prejudices and biases --- I'm certainly not saying that I'm not guilty of extreme biases, but every member here who posts regularly has a history that pretty well documents what we like vs. what we don't like.

That makes sense, John. I find more entertaining to see posts from members about their listening habits, their impressions and passion about the music, and here the polls are less saturated, more focused and eventually more interesting.

BTW, welcome back! It's very nice to have you participating here again.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: The new erato on November 07, 2020, 01:42:43 PM
Tht's good news.

And always nice to see John perform one of his semiannual appearance tricks.

Thanks, Erato! I always love messing with you people's minds. It's a fun! It's illusion! Abracadabra! ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 07, 2020, 02:21:39 PM
That makes sense, John. I find more entertaining to see posts from members about their listening habits, their impressions and passion about the music, and here the polls are less saturated, more focused and eventually more interesting.

BTW, welcome back! It's very nice to have you participating here again.

Thanks, Cesar. I fully concur!

Pohjolas Daughter

Glad that you decided to participate again!  And happy listening!  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 07, 2020, 02:31:53 PM
Glad that you decided to participate again!  And happy listening!  :)

PD

Thanks, PD! Yeah, I have been pursuing some other musical interests, but it seems I'm back in full swing again with classical music. 8)

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on November 07, 2020, 12:53:00 PM
On a different note... does anyone have external contact with Papy Oli?

I'm a bit concerned by his abrupt disappearance some weeks ago.

Sorry, for various reasons, the last three or four weeks have been a bit of a tough one. I glanced here now and then but the mood has not been much into listening or posting, even if the music & GMG are usually most welcome havens of escapism in these very challenging times for everyone. Getting there. Appreciate the concern too :) 

Quote from: (: premont :) on November 07, 2020, 01:24:02 PM
At least he's alive.

8)

Olivier

vandermolen

Quote from: Papy Oli on November 08, 2020, 12:02:32 AM
Sorry, for various reasons, the last three or four weeks have been a bit of a tough one. I glanced here now and then but the mood has not been much into listening or posting, even if the music & GMG are usually most welcome havens of escapism in these very challenging times for everyone. Getting there. Appreciate the concern too :) 

8)
Well, very nice to see you back here Olivier. I very much hope that things improve for you.
Take care and all good wishes.
Jeffrey
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Madiel

8)

Sorry to hear that life's been tough. But yes, completely understand that when things like that happen you might not be doing much in the way of listening. The same has happened to me on occasion.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

ritter

8)
Good to see you back, Oli. Hope things get better for you.

pjme

Good to see you back, Olivier.

AlberichUndHagen

Great to see you back, MI and Papy Oli!

Iota

Salut, MI!

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2020, 02:26:36 PM
It's illusion! Abracadabra! ;D

A mirror image perhaps ..

8)

It sure is a bumpy road sometimes, hope you're on smoother ground soon.

All the best.  :)

prémont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Papy Oli

Thank you all :)

And welcome back John/M.I.   ;D

Olivier

Mirror Image

Quote from: Papy Oli on November 08, 2020, 04:03:53 AM
Thank you all :)

And welcome back John/M.I.   ;D

And a big welcome back to you as well, Olivier. 8)

kyjo

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2020, 11:37:56 AM
All the members here who have come back since my previous departure can now go back into hiding because...I'M BACK BABY!!! OH YEAH!!!  >:D But on a more serious note, I hope everyone here is doing great and have been able to endure this terrible time in our history. Let's hope things get better in 2021 (crossing my fingers).

John!! Welcome back, my friend! Please do stick around this time! The forum always feels less lively when you're gone. ;)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff