Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Quote from: (: premont :) on June 10, 2022, 09:42:30 AM
I suppose you mean that you - when you don't listen to music - hear music in you inner ear all the same. At least this is true of me.

Good to see you again.

Thank you, my friend, and yes, that is how I feel about music. It is omnipresent; if not in detail then certainly in my heart, mind and gut.

aligreto

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 10, 2022, 10:41:28 AM
Welcome back from your sabbatical, fella !  8)

Thank you very much, Olivier.
How are you doing, my friend?

Madiel

Listening to music is one of the few effective ways to deal with ear worms.  :laugh:
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: aligreto on June 10, 2022, 11:59:04 AM
Pray tell, where did that come from, Gurn?

It is part of a reply to Florestan wherein I said I called you Al back there only because it was short for etc...  . I couldn't actually call you Fergus like he did because I didn't know you were called Fergus,  but out loud I freely admitted it is already taken by my favorite dog,  a braw lad of the terrier sort. Nae more than that.    :)

🤠😎
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Papy Oli

Quote from: aligreto on June 10, 2022, 02:27:40 PM
Thank you very much, Olivier.
How are you doing, my friend?

All good this end, thank you! Happy "refreshed" listening to you  :)
Olivier

vandermolen

Welcome back Fergus  :)
I shall play some John Kinsella in celebration  ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

DavidW

Quote from: aligreto on June 10, 2022, 11:59:04 AM
Pray tell, where did that come from, Gurn?

Well you can call me Betty, and Betty when you call me, you can call me Al...

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on June 11, 2022, 06:51:29 AM

I would nominate that for "worst music video of all time."
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

aligreto

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on June 10, 2022, 10:17:40 PM
It is part of a reply to Florestan wherein I said I called you Al back there only because it was short for etc...  . I couldn't actually call you Fergus like he did because I didn't know you were called Fergus,  but out loud I freely admitted it is already taken by my favorite dog,  a braw lad of the terrier sort. Nae more than that.    :)

🤠😎

Hello Gurn,

My original question was not phrased correctly by me, unfortunately. I was originally meaning to question where you got the name for your dog. Your answer explains the derivation. Americans might refer to this connection as Gaelic but it is probably more correctly referred to as Celtic. 

Apologies for any inadvertent confusion caused.  :)

aligreto

Quote from: DavidW on June 11, 2022, 06:51:29 AM

That video was so big back in the day!

Karl Henning

Quote from: aligreto on June 12, 2022, 03:27:29 PM
That video was so big back in the day!

The album was a Monster.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

kyjo

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 09, 2022, 08:04:49 PM
Yes, do send him a PM and tell him that there are several members that miss his contributions and wished that he would come back. His departure was one of the oddest I've seen as there wasn't some kind of warning or he didn't alert any of us that he was leaving. One day I logged in and POOF! he was gone.

I sent him a PM yesterday. No response yet - I'll keep you all updated.....
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

kyjo

Quote from: aligreto on June 10, 2022, 07:13:18 AM

Thank you all very much for your inquiries. This has probably been the longest period in my life that I have not listened to music on a continual basis. The other interesting aspect of this abstention is that I had not refrained in any way from thinking about music. Like most people here music is an inherent part of my existence; if I am not listening to it then I am thinking about it.

A special thank you to Manabu for being my voice  ;)

Welcome back, Fergus! :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

springrite

Mostly gone for a few months (good to see that hardly anyone noticed...), but I am beginning to post again, though very occasionally...
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

aligreto

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 12, 2022, 04:42:21 PM
The album was a Monster.

It is still one of my all time favourites.  :)

aligreto

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on June 13, 2022, 01:12:12 AM
Mostly gone for a few months, but I am beginning to post again, though very occasionally...

Great to see you, Paul.

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on June 12, 2022, 08:48:32 PM
I sent him a PM yesterday. No response yet - I'll keep you all updated.....

8)

Karl Henning

Quote from: springrite on June 13, 2022, 01:12:12 AM
Mostly gone for a few months (good to see that hardly anyone noticed...), but I am beginning to post again, though very occasionally...

Always a pleasure to see you, dear fellow!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).