Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonStupp

Quote from: Florestan on July 17, 2022, 10:22:27 AM
Oh, but I never implied Von Stupp was prudish. My reply was good-humoured.  :)

I have been called worse; just, please, don't call me late for dinner!  :laugh:

VS
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

vandermolen

Hello everyone. Just to say I received a PM from Pohjola's Daughter to say that she is fine and has just been busy with other things.
I thought that despite being on holiday I would temporaily reconnect with my Cat Group to pass on this welcome news.
:)
PD said 'thank you so much for your concern...I hadn't meant to worry you guys'.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

André

Great news ! Thanks Jeffrey !

SonicMan46

Quote from: vandermolen on July 24, 2022, 10:42:50 AM
Hello everyone. Just to say I received a PM from Pohjola's Daughter to say that she is fine and has just been busy with other things.
I thought that despite being on holiday I would temporaily reconnect with my Cat Group to pass on this welcome news.
PD said 'thank you so much for your concern...I hadn't meant to worry you guys'.

Thanks Jeffrey for being so persistent - glad to hear the news!   :)  Dave

prémont

Thanks. I'm very relieved.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Que

My cat was happy to hear the good news!  ;)

vandermolen

My pleasure guys. Always pleased to pass on good news.  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Excellent news indeed!

bhodges

I thought that despite being on holiday I would temporarily reconnect with my Cat Group to pass on this welcome news.

And another thanks, Jeffrey. "Busy with other things" sounds good. GMG is a great little community, but it's also good to get offline and say, go chat with people in real life! (Acknowledging that the pandemic has often changed things.)

--Bruce

DavidW

That is good to hear!

Mirror Image

I see Pohjola's Daughter is back. 8)

Que

I'm back as well... Decided last night to leave, but this morning I changed my mind.  :D

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 01, 2022, 02:45:15 PM
I see Pohjola's Daughter is back. 8)
Indeed - that's good news.

vandermolen

Quote from: Que on August 01, 2022, 10:27:06 PM
I'm back as well... Decided last night to leave, but this morning I changed my mind.  :D
Great decision!  8)

Que

André

Quote from: Que on August 01, 2022, 10:27:06 PM

La nuit porte conseil... ;D

ritter

Quote from: Que on August 02, 2022, 01:08:19 AM
Thank you, thank you!!  8)
Good to have you back....you were sorely missed!

Anyone heard from Symphonic Addict? He's always been very active, but hasn't shown up here since mid-July...

aligreto

Quote from: ritter on August 02, 2022, 06:24:25 AM

Anyone heard from Symphonic Addict? He's always been very active, but hasn't shown up here since mid-July...

Hopefully just taking an annual holiday, perhaps.

vandermolen