Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on January 30, 2016, 01:41:11 PM
(Oh, and how to search the “Brian” thread without making it your full-time job? Simple: click Print to open the thread in a new window, then search for the word or phrase you want. Not bad for someone dim-witted, huh?)

That is brilliant.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: knight66 on January 30, 2016, 02:20:02 PM
Clearly you have little idea of the possibilities I have at my fingertips for being uncivil.

But I will explain my take on this to you. I do not understand why you forensically analyse remarks that were part of a years old conflict and which could attract further conflict. So, if you needlessly start another argument; and already you seem to want to have one with me, then I suggest it is not a good move on your part.

But who knows, perhaps it will all be left aside and folk will move on. Let me assure you, I am taking pains here not to be too direct with you.

Knight

If you have issues with me, Mr. Knight, you are free to discuss them via private message. For the record, not once in the 10 years I have been here has any moderator contacted me privately to complain about my conduct, nor have I ever contacted a moderator to complain about anybody else.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

knight66

I have explained my thinking to you as much as is needed.

Knight
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Parsifal

Quote from: knight66 on January 30, 2016, 02:20:02 PM
Clearly you have little idea of the possibilities I have at my fingertips for being uncivil.

Let me get this straight, you are threatening to abuse your power as moderator. And you think you have the right to lecture anyone on civility?

Mirror Image

I'll freely admit that I acted like a boorish, vindictive, cowardly, spineless twit many times when other members spoke harshly of Delius (a composer I love with all my heart) and I want to apologize to anyone I offended or upset in my rampage of needless ad homs. The Brianites have been nothing but angels compared with my insane, take-no-prisoners approach to getting even with the naysayers. If you look at it this way, Sforzando, you really don't have much to complain about. ;)

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 30, 2016, 08:46:16 PM
I'll freely admit that I acted like a boorish, vindictive, cowardly, spineless twit many times when other members spoke harshly of Delius (a composer I love with all my heart) and I want to apologize to anyone I offended or upset in my rampage of needless ad homs. The Brianites have been nothing but angels compared with my insane, take-no-prisoners approach to getting even with the naysayers. If you look at it this way, Sforzando, you really don't have much to complain about. ;)
May I say 'thank you'. I have long held against you the fact that you sometimes did this (and not just with Delius). And it was not that you didn't like a particular composer that angered me, but the sometimes vitriolic way that it was done (sometimes more so, sometimes less so). It takes courage to apologize, as well as growth, and the fact that it took a while matters little in the end. Thank you.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 30, 2016, 08:46:16 PM

Thank you, John. (I think.)

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Scarpia on January 30, 2016, 08:25:10 PM
Let me get this straight, you are threatening to abuse your power as moderator. And you think you have the right to lecture anyone on civility?

Thank you, Scarpia. (Sincerely.)

Mirror Image

Quote from: mc ukrneal on January 30, 2016, 08:57:08 PM
May I say 'thank you'. I have long held against you the fact that you sometimes did this (and not just with Delius). And it was not that you didn't like a particular composer that angered me, but the sometimes vitriolic way that it was done (sometimes more so, sometimes less so). It takes courage to apologize, as well as growth, and the fact that it took a while matters little in the end. Thank you.

You're welcome, Neal. :) I'm certainly aware that I acted in this manner and I suppose a lot of times it was easier for me to move on and not really assess what was actually said about this or that composer. Thankfully, I've matured in my personal interactions with my fellow GMGers and have learned it's better to not confront someone when I disagree with them and simply accept that not everyone holds the same opinions as I do.

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on January 30, 2016, 09:20:45 PM
Thank you, John. (I think.)

Of course, I was being cheeky in the last part of my post above. ;) I certainly hope that everyone here remains civil and I hope we can remain this way even when a discussion gets heated.

knight66

Quote from: Scarpia on January 30, 2016, 08:25:10 PM

No you don't have it straight. It was suggested I was being abusive and I was being direct that I had not been.

Knight
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

The new erato

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 30, 2016, 10:07:11 PM
You're welcome, Neal. :) I'm certainly aware that I acted in this manner and I suppose a lot of times it was easier for me to move on and not really assess what was actually said about this or that composer.
It's only opinions John. I've lived long enough to discover in real life that sometimes I love people whose opinions I sometimes violently disagree with, and occassionaly just loathe persons whose opinions I share. Why should it be different on the net?

Karl Henning

Quote from: The new erato on January 31, 2016, 01:22:38 AM
It's only opinions John. I've lived long enough to discover in real life that sometimes I love people whose opinions I sometimes violently disagree with, and occasionally just loathe persons whose opinions I share. Why should it be different on the net?

Just plain sense.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Sergeant Rock

Is it safe to post on-topic again?  ;D

Has anyone any news of:

sanantonio

moonfish

Mr. Three Putt

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 01, 2016, 11:47:22 AM

Has anyone any news of:

sanantonio

moonfish

Mr. Three Putt
I follow sanantonio on Twitter. He does not "tweet" frequently, but he did, ca. half an hour ago.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: karlhenning on February 01, 2016, 11:52:23 AM
I follow sanantonio on Twitter. He does not "tweet" frequently, but he did, ca. half an hour ago.

Thanks, Karl. I worry needlessly sometimes  ;)

Sarge

Mirror Image

Has anyone any news of:

sanantonio

moonfish

Mr. Three Putt

I haven't heard anything from Peter (Moonfish) in ages. I hope (wherever he is) that he's doing okay.

Mr. Three Putt

Has anyone any news of:

Mr. Three Putt

Alive and kicking. Thanks for the concern, although most reactions to your post were probably along the lines of, "Who?"

Just been doing more listening than chatting. I'm going to see Madama, Figaro, and German Requiem in NYC this March. If that's not good news, what is? So, the mystery of the who the hell is he anyway guy has been solved.  :)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Mr. Three Putt on February 01, 2016, 08:59:22 PM
Alive and kicking. Thanks for the concern, although most reactions to your post were probably along the lines of, "Who?"

Just been doing more listening than chatting. I'm going to see Madama, Figaro, and German Requiem in NYC this March. If that's not good news, what is? So, the mystery of the who the hell is he anyway guy has been solved.  :)

Ah, the mystery guy returns  ;)  And thanks for the pm explaining things. Appreciate the update.

Sarge

Karl Henning

Quote from: Mr. Three Putt on February 01, 2016, 08:59:22 PM

Good to see yez!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA