Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: NikF2 on March 26, 2016, 09:43:06 AM
I am NikF and I'd like to officially declare myself as a Missing Member.
I lost the password for my account and then discovered I have no access to the email address associated with it. So I've registered this new account in order to post this message. Perhaps if some kind and understanding admin/moderator reads this they can PM me and help, please?

How do we know you're the real Nik and not an imposter trying to steal his account? I know how you can prove who you are: post a new picture of Toots  ;D ;)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

NikF2

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on March 26, 2016, 12:42:23 PM
How do we know you're the real Nik and not an imposter trying to steal his account? I know how you can prove who you are: post a new picture of Toots  ;D ;)

Sarge

I did think of something like that, but she's gone house hunting with mother, far, far from home. And by the last SMS I received, they're at a family get together/party and are kind of smashed.  ???  :laugh:

e: check your inbox.

Mirror Image

I lost the password for my account and then discovered I have no access to the email address associated with it. So I've registered this new account in order to post this message. Perhaps if some kind and understanding admin/moderator reads this they can PM me and help, please?

That's pretty strange. :-\ I'm surprised you don't keep some kind of journal with account names and passwords? This might be a good idea for future reference.

NikF2

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 27, 2016, 05:29:11 PM
That's pretty strange. :-\ I'm surprised you don't keep some kind of journal with account names and passwords? This might be a good idea for future reference.

You're right, I should use a journal. I'll keep that in mind.

EigenUser

I don't know why, but I find this whole situation particularly hilarious.

(Sorry to laugh at your misfortune :-[ -- hope it gets resolved.)
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

NikF2

Quote from: EigenUser on March 27, 2016, 11:58:22 PM
I don't know why, but I find this whole situation particularly hilarious.

(Sorry to laugh at your misfortune :-[ -- hope it gets resolved.)

It's that whole 'guy in a hotel gets out of the shower and wraps himself in a towel then steps into the corridor to see if his shoes have been polished at which point the door slowly closes behind him catching the towel in the process thus trapping him outside and naked' kind of thing, only it's the Internet version.  ;D

knight66

Sorry, I think you may have to stay naked. We have no accesses to any behind the scene password or email address mechanisms. I suggest you email Rob directly, Dungeon Master, and explain. He may be able to help you to reset the password/email access to connect you with your old clothes.

BTW, next time you are in a hotel; I suggest you don't leave the room without your clothes, clearly you are that kind of guy.  >:D

Knight
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Karl Henning

Quote from: knight66 on March 28, 2016, 06:15:29 AM
BTW, next time you are in a hotel; I suggest you don't leave the room without your clothes, clearly you are that kind of guy.  >:D

Knight

I'm surprised we even need to offer such advice  8)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

Knight

Hah! I'm reminded of an episode of Mr. Bean where he locks himself out of his hotel room while naked as a jaybird. Funny stuff.

NikF2

Sorry, I think you may have to stay naked. We have no accesses to any behind the scene password or email address mechanisms. I suggest you email Rob directly, Dungeon Master, and explain. He may be able to help you to reset the password/email access to connect you with your old clothes.

Knight

He has already been pariently dealing with it. And Que was kind enough to contact me and tried to help too. I really only posted in this thread in case Dungeon Master hadn't received my initial PM.

NikF2

Quote from: karlhenning on March 28, 2016, 06:27:07 AM
I'm surprised we even need to offer such advice  8)

I don't imagine it'll ever happen, but if it does then I've the comfort of knowing that because I'm in great shape it means at least I'll look good naked.  8) ;D

knight66

Quote from: NikF2 on March 28, 2016, 06:32:18 AM
He has already been pariently dealing with it. And Que was kind enough to contact me and tried to help too. I really only posted in this thread in case Dungeon Master hadn't received my initial PM.

I am glad to know that you are getting some care in the community.

Knight

NikF2

Quote from: knight66 on March 28, 2016, 08:26:36 AM
I am glad to know that you are getting some care in the community.

Knight

Good. And I'm glad that it clearly helps those in the community who might be overweight and insecure about getting locked out of hotel rooms while naked feel better about themselves.  :)

Karl Henning

(* quietly puts the Snickers bar back on the shelf *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

NikF2

Quote from: karlhenning on March 28, 2016, 08:59:54 AM
(* quietly puts the Snickers bar back on the shelf *)

Nonsense, karlhenning. You're obviously a fine figure of a man! Although I do applaud your restraint vis a vis the Snickers bar - but that applause can easily turn into a standing ovation if you send it my way  instead.  8) ;D

knight66

You see, he wants help, then it is your chocolate....next it will be all your worldly goods.

Knight

NikF2

Quote from: knight66 on March 28, 2016, 09:50:33 AM
You see, he wants help, then it is your chocolate....next it will be all your worldly goods.

Knight

Leave yourself out of my chocolate negotiations with karlhenning. Away and count your chins or something. And if you run out of fingers remember you can always use your toes.

Mirror Image

I miss Octave, Monkey Greg, madaboutmahler, ChamberNut, Moonfish, and Marsch MacFiercesome. :(

kishnevi

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 19, 2016, 05:30:07 AM
I miss Octave, Monkey Greg, madaboutmahler, ChamberNut, Moonfish, and Marsch MacFiercesome. :(

Same here..although Marsch MacF. appears sporadically at TC.