Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Quote from: Brian on August 30, 2016, 01:54:59 PM
I've talked to Todd before about his prolonged absences; he occasionally gets very busy with work and simply drops GMG for a month or two at a time when needed. A couple years ago he was absent for almost half a year and it was just a big work project.

BTW I will be on vacation for the next 10 days so nobody panic about me.

We only panic when you come back.

;) >:D

Parsifal

I've talked to Todd before about his prolonged absences; he occasionally gets very busy with work and simply drops GMG for a month or two at a time when needed. A couple years ago he was absent for almost half a year and it was just a big work project.

I was being facetious, of course. Maybe he was engaged by Donald Trump...

(poco) Sforzando

We wouldn't, Brian. Anyone with 18,398 posts isn't going away fast.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Mirror Image

I miss Peter (Moonfish). :(

Florestan

This is a relief. I feared that his pile of complete Beethoven piano sonatas recordings crumbled upon him.  ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Brian

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on August 30, 2016, 05:13:24 PM
We wouldn't, Brian. Anyone with 18,398 posts isn't going away fast.
Guilty as charged!

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Brian on August 31, 2016, 04:45:33 AM
Guilty as charged!

Now 18,403. Where does he get all that energy.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Mirror Image

If Brian left GMG, there would be something seriously wrong with the direction the forum was going in. He's definitely going to be sticking around for awhile.

Speaking of number of posts, this is my 35,000 post. 8)

Cato

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on August 31, 2016, 06:11:24 AM
Now 18,403. Where does he get all that energy.

And Time!!!   0:)

Does GMG hire members to write things?   ??? 8)   Is there health insurance and a retirement plan?

Where and how do I apply?!  ;)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Cato on August 31, 2016, 07:10:10 AM
And Time!!!   0:)

Does GMG hire members to write things?   ??? 8)   Is there health insurance and a retirement plan?

Where and how do I apply?!  ;)

Yes, we receive health insurance and were offered a 401K plan. ;D The life of a GMG veteran is all but an easy one, though. There are many long nights and sometimes even weekends. :)

Harry

I rather miss my ballet buddy ChamberNut!
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Mirror Image

Quote from: Harry's corner on August 31, 2016, 09:50:42 AM
I rather miss my ballet buddy ChamberNut!

I miss him, too. I'm friends with him on Facebook and he's either suspended or deleted his account. :( I hope he's alright.

Florestan

Maciek, Elgarian and ZauberdrachenNr7 are dearly missed by me.

Actually, Maciek was online for a short time yesterday. I sent him a PM but got no reply.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Harry

Quote from: Florestan on September 01, 2016, 09:28:13 AM
Maciek, Elgarian and ZauberdrachenNr7 are dearly missed by me.

Actually, Maciek was online for a short time yesterday. I sent him a PM but got no reply.

Yes ZauberdrachenNr7, also a member that is missed by me.

NikF

I was wondering where Todd was. I've spoken to him a few times and always found it a pleasure.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

André

I, too, miss Maciek  :( 

And his famous quote of 'Ban them all !'  :laugh:

Christo

Quote from: André on September 01, 2016, 02:40:13 PMI, too, miss Maciek  :( 

And his famous quote of 'Ban them all !'  :laugh:

Me too.  :-[
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Jo498

I think both Zauberdrachen and Elgarian left over rather insubstantial quarrels with some other member which is really deplorable; I hope they come back some day!
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Harry

If we cannot even hold piece on this forum, how can we expect to get peace in this world I wonder.

Autumn Leaves

Member ZD7 has been back for a few weeks now with a new nick "Ghost Sonata" - no one else noticed? (I thought it was obvious) :o