Hogan's Home

Started by madaboutmahler, December 22, 2011, 01:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Scots John on August 21, 2012, 04:47:50 AM
Here is the excerpt for download and reference, also in case non UK users cannot access it.  What a talent.  Only a minuite long, but blindingly dynamic in every respect.  Brilliant Daniel.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96826210/DH.mp3

Edit:  Click and "Save link as..."

John, thank you so very much for uploading that and for your really kind words! I am very very grateful for your support! :)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

North Star

Thanks, John. Lets hope we'll get the full recording.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

madaboutmahler

Hopefully, Karlo! I'll make sure to share it when I get it. :)

The piano piece I was talking of earlier I have decided should be a piece from a set of nocturnes. It certainly has a very night-like feel to it, and I think this piece could present a lake at night, still thinking of a title for that. Hoping to continue this set of nocturnes when I return from a short visit to York with family friends. By the way, Keiko is very keen to perform the pieces! :)

Back in 3 days! Hope you are all well! :) :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

Wrote another piece for the set of nocturnes I'm working on today, a set I am extremely happy with, and proud of too. I'll probably compose one more for the set and then it shall be complete. :)
Very impressionist, being extremely inspired by composers like Ravel, Part, Satie and in fact, more recently, some of Messiaen.

The works are taking a rather nostalgic, mysterious mood, but with a romantic and optimistic atmosphere. :) Very excited about these works! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Kastchei

Quote from: madaboutmahler on September 04, 2012, 10:05:46 AM
Wrote another piece for the set of nocturnes I'm working on today, a set I am extremely happy with, and proud of too. I'll probably compose one more for the set and then it shall be complete. :)
Very impressionist, being extremely inspired by composers like Ravel, Part, Satie and in fact, more recently, some of Messiaen.

The works are taking a rather nostalgic, mysterious mood, but with a romantic and optimistic atmosphere. :) Very excited about these works! :)

Good!

madaboutmahler

Have just recieved the confirmation from Keiko that she is definitely interested to play all of the set of nocturnes I am currently writing! Very exciting! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Karl Henning

Quote"Give up on Stockhausen...You've got Karl Henning and Daniel Hogan now" - ChamberNut

Love it!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

madaboutmahler

haha, me too!! :D Absolutely brilliant! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

Update: A few days ago, Scarlet sent me a message asking whether she could take the violin sonata (dedicated to her) to a composition workshop at the Guildhill (the junior department, where she is studying at the moment) It's going to be a discussion about contemporary music and the ideas behind it, will be excited to hear back about it! :) And as I told her, I was quite honoured she asked, and very happy she is still thinking of the sonata. Hopefully we'll get together and start playing it again soon. :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

First day back at the Academy tommorow, I have missed it very much over the summer holidays! Very much looking forward to being back! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

Was amazing and felt so great to be back at the Academy after the summer holidays yesterday. Had a really great day back. I showed Matthew the two nocturnes I have written so far and he appeared to really love them, being really enthusiastic about them after hearing them.

Just being back at the academy gave me so much inspiration and I got the two close ideas for the other nocturne in the set. I am currently writing this and am incredibly pleased with how it is going. I think this set of nocturnes is one of the works that I am most pleased with as a whole, I am very proud of it. Hoping to finish writing the set today! Will be extremely excited to hear Keiko's performance! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

Just finished the set of nocturnes for piano that I have been working on since August, I am so incredibly happy and pleased with these works. There are three in the set, rather like miniatures, each around 3 minutes each. They take a very calm, rather mysterious but very romantic and optimistic mood. So very happy with these pieces! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Great news, Daniel, congratulations; I'm looking forward to listening to your nocturnes! :) If there are no problems, is it possible to have a look at the scores?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on September 23, 2012, 01:39:11 PM
Great news, Daniel, congratulations; I'm looking forward to listening to your nocturnes! :) If there are no problems, is it possible to have a look at the scores?

Thank you very much, Ilaria! :) Of course, I am planning to tidy up the scores this week, so I'll make sure to send you a copy afterwards. :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on September 23, 2012, 01:52:31 PM
Thank you very much, Ilaria! :) Of course, I am planning to tidy up the scores this week, so I'll make sure to send you a copy afterwards. :)

You're very kind, thank you! :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

madaboutmahler

My pleasure, Ilaria! I'm always very happy to have your support and interest in my work! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Karl Henning

Keep up the good work, Daniel!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

madaboutmahler

— Ludwig van Beethoven

Kastchei

Very good news, Daniel! I'm looking forward to listening to them.

madaboutmahler

Thank you very much, Ruben! I'm very excited to hear Keiko's performance! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven