Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on October 13, 2021, 08:33:13 AM
Ah, that explain's the sudden upswing in Iceland's GDP...  ;D

:P

ritter

Exploring more Luis de Pablo...

vandermolen

Bliss: The Lady of Shalott, March of Homage in Honour of a Great Man (Churchill) etc.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Memoir by Antal Dorati. I am so excited to read it.

TheGSMoeller

SonicMan46

Beethoven, LV - Piano Pieces w/ Tobias Koch on period instruments doing the non-Sonata piano music of Beethoven - I own none of these works (in my collection, 4 performances of the Piano Sonatas and 2 of the Diabelli Variations, nothing else on solo keyboard) - 3 CD set at a decent price on Amazon USA; decided to purchase after reading the Fanfare review attached.  Dave :)

Que

Quote from: SonicMan46 on October 16, 2021, 11:16:29 AM
Beethoven, LV - Piano Pieces w/ Tobias Koch on period instruments doing the non-Sonata piano music of Beethoven - I own none of these works (in my collection, 4 performances of the Piano Sonatas and 2 of the Diabelli Variations, nothing else on solo keyboard) - 3 CD set at a decent price on Amazon USA; decided to purchase after reading the Fanfare review attached.  Dave :)

That has been on my shopping list forever.... for some reason never got to it...  ::)

Will be eager to hear your impressions! :)

Daverz

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Just bought via JPC:

Symphonic Addict

The ballet music CD (Bric à brac, Sextuor) is good fun, John. One of my favorite Tansman CDs. I hope you'll enjoy it very much too.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 19, 2021, 09:47:48 AM
The ballet music CD (Bric à brac, Sextuor) is good fun, John. One of my favorite Tansman CDs. I hope you'll enjoy it very much too.

Excellent to read, Cesar. I heard a little bit of Bric à brac and rather enjoyed it.

Brian

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 19, 2021, 09:47:48 AM
Same and also the violin/piano disc, which I wrote a little about here.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on October 19, 2021, 10:55:41 AM
Same and also the violin/piano disc, which I wrote a little about here.

Cool, Brian. 8) I listened to some of the violin/piano Naxos recording earlier and enjoyed what I heard.

prémont

Quote from: Que on October 16, 2021, 11:02:10 PM
That has been on my shopping list forever.... for some reason never got to it...  ::)

Will be eager to hear your impressions! :)

Forever? So now it's since long the time to acquire it or delete it from your shopping list.
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

T. D.

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Added more MacMillan to my collection: