What are you doing?

Started by Mark, July 16, 2007, 03:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Decided we need a generic thread to post our tales of general pottering about while we're logged in here (hell, we've threads for every other kind of 'What are you ... ?', so why not this?).

Actually, it's a bit of a self-motivated thread, as I wanted to let you all know that I'm preparing my first contribution to the Broadcast Thread. Having gone through several, long-winded processes to get the First Night of this year's BBC Proms off of my PVR and onto my PC, I've since converted it to Mpeg2, created a DVD (with chapters and everything ... I'm so proud  0:)), stripped off the audio tracks, cut them up and I'm now about to make them into MP3 files. Next stop will be the tagging, then the uploading, then the linking to here ... it never ends. Don't expect me to make too many of these contributions from the 2007 Proms. ;D

Solitary Wanderer

This morning; I've uploaded the RAW image files onto my hard drive from Saturdays wedding, I've backed them up on to DVD, now I'm 'culling' the images from 800 down to approx. 300 in Adobe Bridge/Photoshop. [This is the worst part of the job ::)]

This afternoon [hopefully] I'll start colour correcting the selected images.

And surfing the 'net' in-between or maybe its the other way 'round... ;)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Tancata

Waiting for the late-night movie, "Cherry Falls", to begin  :).

Don

I'm eating a black & white cookie - the snack for people who believe in racial integration.

Kullervo

I'm stewing in my own juices.

Don

Quote from: Kullervo on July 16, 2007, 03:49:25 PM
I'm stewing in my own juices.

Kullervo Stew - a dish only served in the best restaurants.

EmpNapoleon

What am I doing?  I'm expressing the early stages of Depersonality Disorder.

And now I just want attention, I think.

And now I'm getting a weird feeling of not belonging to a body (DD) when I think about that psychology thread.

I'm going to do pushups now.

(I thought some parts of this before I started writing).

Now I read this over, because I will post it.  And I wispered the last sentance to myself.  I don't know if I should write that I'm too self-conscious, but I did. 

I don't think I should post anything now.  Who am I?

This took too long

Mark

Quote from: Don on July 16, 2007, 03:46:09 PM
I'm eating a black & white cookie - the snack for people who believe in racial integration.

Nice. :) As is the avatar.

I'm now uploading (to MediaFire, many will be pleased to hear) the eight files mentioned in my OP. Give it an hour, and those who didn't experience the opening of this year's BBC Proms will be able to do so. Well, you'll be able to hear the music without the presenters' chit-chat and the HORRENDOUS coughing between movements/performances (all edited out, as many others will be pleased to hear ;)).

BachQ

I'm currently contemplating the two possible outcomes of this thread:

1. It could really take off and persist for months into the future; or

2. It could die a fairly quick and painless death.

And I'm further contemplating that one of the above scenarios is far more likely than the other .........

Solitary Wanderer

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{#2}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Mark

But, I shall keep it alive. By resuscitation if necessary.

Kullervo

Quote from: Don on July 16, 2007, 03:51:34 PM
Kullervo Stew - a dish only served in the best restaurants.

Served over basmati rice.

Tancata

Pondering the lessons learnt in the aftermath of the late-night movie, "Cherry Falls":)

Mark

Quote from: Mark on July 16, 2007, 03:14:32 PM
Actually, it's a bit of a self-motivated thread, as I wanted to let you all know that I'm preparing my first contribution to the Broadcast Thread. Having gone through several, long-winded processes to get the First Night of this year's BBC Proms off of my PVR and onto my PC, I've since converted it to Mpeg2, created a DVD (with chapters and everything ... I'm so proud  0:)), stripped off the audio tracks, cut them up and I'm now about to make them into MP3 files. Next stop will be the tagging, then the uploading, then the linking to here ... it never ends. Don't expect me to make too many of these contributions from the 2007 Proms. ;D

Right, if you want the audio-only version of the First Night of the BBC Proms 2007, see here. :)

Mozart

QuoteWhat are you doing?

Crying! I just watched La Traviata, and wondered why anyone would want to feel like such crap for an entire day after seeing it. So sad..

yashin

Have got 7 weeks holiday............yipeeeeeeee no more work for 7 weeks
Actually........i never feel good at this point-finished work for 7 weeks and now i feel kinda empty :'( Why does work run our lives?
Am sure it will pass tomorrow when i realise i don't have to go to work

what to do....what to do.....?

Any ideas?

Mark

Laying out a graduate brochure for Microsoft. Which is odd, because I'm a writer, not a designer. Ho hum ...

Tancata

Quote from: yashin on July 17, 2007, 01:40:18 AM
Have got 7 weeks holiday............yipeeeeeeee no more work for 7 weeks
Actually........i never feel good at this point-finished work for 7 weeks and now i feel kinda empty :'( Why does work run our lives?
Am sure it will pass tomorrow when i realise i don't have to go to work

what to do....what to do.....?

Any ideas?

yashin, never fear...that empty feeling is always terrible isn't it! But it passes, even if it seems impossible  0:). Soon, you'll become incredibly lazy, even going to the shops to buy coffee will stress you out and cause you to restructure your whole day...

What to do?....nothing  :).

Or you could gather up all your neglected and unheard CDs ...  $:)

Soundproof

Putting together a playlist for an afternoon of listening where I'll be buying my next sound system. Picking music that I know will be revealing, while also enjoyable! It's getting to be quite a journey, from The The to Veronique Gens/Rameau, via way too many musical styles.

johnQpublic

Like yashin, vacation starts (tomorrow for me) so right now, I'm packing, clean up the SUV, heading to the bank for $$$, etc.