"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

NikF

Quote from: North Star on January 30, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

Bravo.

e: I particularly like how at the bottom it draws the eye across as it barely rises to the right - good stuff.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

North Star

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 30, 2017, 09:26:05 AM
Lovely.
Quote from: NikF on January 30, 2017, 09:28:53 AM
Bravo.

e: I particularly like how at the bottom it draws the eye across as it barely rises to the right - good stuff.
Thanks, guys.

My photographs on Flickr

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

NikF

I know I've said this many times before, but I believe it would be a good idea if you printed some of your photos out and lived with them.
While far from ideal, even crappy inkjet prints on the cheapest of A4 would suffice. Or better, print the image in parts then sellotape it together and live with it for an extended period of time.
Even if the quality of reproductions are barely representative of what you shot, you'll still benefit from it greatly. I've no doubts of that.

"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

North Star

Quote from: NikF on January 30, 2017, 10:15:18 AMI know I've said this many times before, but I believe it would be a good idea if you printed some of your photos out and lived with them.
While far from ideal, even crappy inkjet prints on the cheapest of A4 would suffice. Or better, print the image in parts then sellotape it together and live with it for an extended period of time.
Even if the quality of reproductions are barely representative of what you shot, you'll still benefit from it greatly. I've no doubts of that.
Yes, that is a good idea.

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

Sergeant Rock

Originally a color print, this was cropped in Photoshop and converted to bw with virtualPhotographer.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

NikF

^Very nice, Sarge. Good stuff.

North Star

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 03, 2017, 06:06:55 AM
Originally a color print, this was cropped in Photoshop and converted to bw with virtualPhotographer.

Sarge
Very nice indeed, those triangles in the composition.

My photographs on Flickr

NikF

Photo of print. From a while ago. I couldn't get any closer due to focal length.

Shot with - http://i.imgur.com/iikGBe9.jpg

XB-70 Valkyrie

NorthStar, great stuff. I've been working on my winter series for a few years now. Would love to visit Finland some time.

On another note, I just ordered a new Nikon d7200 with 18-140 and other goodies. Looking forward to an upgrade from my aging Olympus dSLR!

If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

North Star

Quote from: XB-70 Valkyrie on February 10, 2017, 11:18:24 AM
NorthStar, great stuff. I've been working on my winter series for a few years now. Would love to visit Finland some time.

On another note, I just ordered a new Nikon d7200 with 18-140 and other goodies. Looking forward to an upgrade from my aging Olympus dSLR!
Thanks. Winter is quite probably my favourite time for photography, although the shortness of days can be problematic.

The D7200 with 18-140 ought to serve you well indeed.

Thread duty - from Friday

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr