The Photography Thread

Started by TheGSMoeller, March 28, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kishnevi

As I said, I was under the causeway.  A moment later the cross arms lowered to begin the process of drawing the drawbridge up to let a high masted boat go by.

kishnevi

Fort Lauderdale has a thing for yachts.

kishnevi

And the high masted boat after it had gone through.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on November 30, 2014, 07:24:01 PM
Next for Mookafalas, a seagull

thank you sir, I like seagulls ;D  In return, I'll give you some cranes and a ship.

20130915-DC2C1558-Edit-1.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

Fishermen.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

It's all good...

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

Quote from: North Star on December 01, 2014, 10:20:43 AM
More of the same..

Beautiful shot North Star! Did you change the color tones or is that natural light? I suspect the former, but it could be the spectrum of a sunrise/set weaving its magic.  8)
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

North Star

Quote from: Moonfish on December 02, 2014, 11:09:13 AM
Beautiful shot North Star! Did you change the color tones or is that natural light? I suspect the former, but it could be the spectrum of a sunrise/set weaving its magic.  8)
Thanks. I added some contrast and tweaked the tone after to make it look more like how it actually looked.

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

And even more. the light in summer around midnight in Lapland is pretty good stuff..

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

Quote from: North Star on December 02, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
And even more. the light in summer around midnight in Lapland is pretty good stuff..

Ahh, wonderful light! So this was taken June/July? It seems to be very indirect light so I presume the sun is just at the horizon (or perhaps slightly below)?  I feel like taking a trip to a lake. It is raining here right now and overcast..  *sigh*. However, we need the rain badly here in California.
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

North Star

Quote from: Moonfish on December 02, 2014, 01:31:31 PM
Ahh, wonderful light! So this was taken June/July? It seems to be very indirect light so I presume the sun is just at the horizon (or perhaps slightly below)?  I feel like taking a trip to a lake. It is raining here right now and overcast..  *sigh*. However, we need the rain badly here in California.
June 22nd, as it says on Flickr. :) Very indirect indeed, as the sun is just behind the trees. It doesn't really set at all during there those days.

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

Quote from: North Star on December 02, 2014, 01:41:42 PM
June 22nd, as it says on Flickr. :) Very indirect indeed, as the sun is just behind the trees. It doesn't really set at all during there those days.

Ooo! I like your sunrise shot! LOTS!  8)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/janacekian/15293647393/in/photostream/
Anna Lappé

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

Apple blossoms and a visiting bug..

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

Quote from: North Star on December 05, 2014, 09:14:19 AM
Apple blossoms and a visiting bug..

Hmm, it looks like a lacewing.  Do you ever take macro shots of insects, North Star?  :)
Anna Lappé

North Star

Quote from: Moonfish on December 05, 2014, 10:08:07 AM
Hmm, it looks like a lacewing.  Do you ever take macro shots of insects, North Star?  :)
That's about as close to macro I have gone, with pa's 18-270 Tamron, and now I only have the 18-105 kit lens which doesn't focus closer than 0.45m (1.5 feet). I wouldn't mind owning a  macro lens, especially for floral stuff.

Thanks, lacewing it seems to be. :)

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

Quote from: North Star on December 05, 2014, 10:22:24 AM
That's about as close to macro I have gone, with pa's 18-270 Tamron, and now I only have the 18-105 kit lens which doesn't focus closer than 0.45m (1.5 feet). I wouldn't mind owning a  macro lens, especially for floral stuff.

Thanks, lacewing it seems to be. :)

Yes, the macro-world is intriguing. Some of the real micro stuff is amazing, but it calls for a totally different set of gear (as you are pointing out).

You  may have visited this site previously?

Some amazing photos on that site:
Ant carrying its larvae

A beetle carapace close up!!!

Eyes of a jumping spider:
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

Quote from: North Star on December 04, 2014, 03:37:36 PM
Thanks, Karl.

Time to switch to flowers.  8)

Your photo makes me think about late summer evenings and the sweet scent of lilacs (syren?)....   0:)
Anna Lappé